No announcement yet.

Laredo City Limit Buck Poached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The audacity of some people is shocking. Hope he gets a steep fine, and a few months in jail.

Originally posted by mkguthrie View Post
    Ken gould?
    Originally posted by Stan R View Post
    Is he still alive? He was in bad health 10 years ago.

I had a run in with that fella one time. “Unscrupulous” is an understatement describing that snake in the grass. Last I heard he had got bitten by a rattlesnake on foot, and lost part of it. I guess karma finally caught up to him.

Comment

Chew, I saw a similar buck on the curve going into Sinton from Taft several years ago. I doubt he made it back to the Welder ranch before he got shot.

Comment

That buck was killed behind the Doctor's Hospital in the open area near the I-35 and Loop 20. I have seen that buck many times around the area. Sad to see that it was poached.

Comment

Hang em high... by his nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
            That buck was killed behind the Doctor's Hospital in the open area near the I-35 and Loop 20. I have seen that buck many times around the area. Sad to see that it was poached.
            Yes sir... apparently he was a very popular buck that many watched daily.

Comment

Originally posted by mkguthrie View Post
              Ken gould?
              Originally posted by Stan R View Post
              Is he still alive? He was in bad health 10 years ago.
              Dang, haven't heard that name in years. He used to run hunts on that place north of Wimberley. I never hunted with him but did dig for arrowheads on that place and found some good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

People that bend or break the rules are not hunters, they are criminals. We all get lumped together by some but we all know the difference. Glad the crime was caught, and hope the offender is punished to the fullest extent the law allows. Poaching will never stop, it is a sport for criminals and they likely get a high from the crime. More and more poachers are being caught today than in the past. I believe technology will help us in the battle. I have more than a few dash cam recordings of trucks stopped on 385 between Harper and the Llano river that where out of place and acting sketchy. I am not coming to a full stop to question but will make sure my cam gets the plate. If a big buck is poached or a fence cut I will mention. It to the landowner, or GW if they ask. Not sure it has ever helped but it can't hurt. The GWs are spread out and can use any help they can get. Your word is not worth much, but if you have it on video they will pursue the lead.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                  People that bend or break the rules are not hunters, they are criminals. We all get lumped together by some but we all know the difference. Glad the crime was caught, and hope the offender is punished to the fullest extent the law allows. Poaching will never stop, it is a sport for criminals and they likely get a high from the crime. More and more poachers are being caught today than in the past. I believe technology will help us in the battle. I have more than a few dash cam recordings of trucks stopped on 385 between Harper and the Llano river that where out of place and acting sketchy. I am not coming to a full stop to question but will make sure my cam gets the plate. If a big buck is poached or a fence cut I will mention. It to the landowner, or GW if they ask. Not sure it has ever helped but it can't hurt. The GWs are spread out and can use any help they can get. Your word is not worth much, but if you have it on video they will pursue the lead.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
                  And I hope they continue to catch them!!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Seems like an epidemic of lost ethics.
                    cant loose something they never had!

Comment

Hopefully the poacher isn’t a member!

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                        Chew, I saw a similar buck on the curve going into Sinton from Taft several years ago. I doubt he made it back to the Welder ranch before he got shot.
                        How did I get brought into this sh$$ show?

Comment

What a waste

Comment

Working...
                          X