What would you do next? Missing Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do next? Missing Boat

Answered an ad I saw on craigslist for a gentleman that specialized in repairing my specific type of boat . The gentleman even offered to drive 2 hours to my house to pick it up and bring it to his shop. Very courteous. I drove out there and dropped it off personally to him, signed some paperwork and drove away happy to get this boat going again for the wife. (4+ hour total drive) That was in October. He calls me 2 days later and has found the problem and asked if he can proceed. I say yes. He's says he will have it complete the following week. Then nothing for a week. I text him and he says he is at a funeral viewing and he will get back with me in a couple days. Since I was leaving the country, and with the holidays and hearing of his possible loss of an immediate family member I didn't call back till Jan to give him some grieving time. He didn't answer but he text me and says he will call me the following day...no call and have not been able to get a hold of him since Jan. Both him and the business warehouse location #. I have a feeling I will be driving 4 hours to find an empty warehouse and no boat at this point.

I would call local LE to do a drive by if possible. Or a TBH STOP AND KNOCK LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Get a rope!!!!! Sorry man hope this ends well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where is the warehouse location? Maybe someone on here can drop by?

dp

Comment

Maybe someone local can check for you.

Comment

You probably have a huge legal mess. Unless, of course, your boat is still there.

Comment

Oh dam does not sound good. Yup get a local TBH'r to drive by.

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't want to inconvenience anyone on here but if we do have a TBHer who's daily path takes him or her past 4817 FM 646 in League City I would much appreciate if you can peek behind the gate and see if you see any noticeable activity/seadoo's?

Comment

Whoever this person is doesn’t know the power of TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                    I would call local LE to do a drive by if possible.
                    I was told this is a civil matter and not to bother the local LE. Ironically is a PO's boat. I am trying to keep this from going south real quick.

Comment

I am in League City a little north of 646 but I am not familiar with 4817. Does it have another name by chance?

Comment

The street view shows picture date was feb 2019 and there are jet skies out front. google the address and go to street view

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
                          I am in League City a little north of 646 but I am not familiar with 4817. Does it have another name by chance?
                          Its this place.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I can go by Wednesday morning if no one else does before then.

Comment

waiting for outcome hope all is well.

Comment

Working...
                              X