Gun collection and moving/storage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun collection and moving/storage??

We are in the process of getting our house ready to be put on the market and then purchasing. We will most likely not be putting out offers on a new place until after our current house has sold. We are moving the majority of our crap into storage to get ready to show the house and this got me thinking about my gun collection. Everything is in two safes in the garage but the realtor said it might be best to move them out while we show and sell. I am not comfortable putting my collection in a storage unit for obvious reasons and I could possibly store everything at a friends house while we work through the process. I am also tempted to just leave them locked up at the house until we fully move out because we will still be living in the house. Probably overthinking this but just wondering if I am missing any options?

Thanks,

Leave em locked up in the house. Good luck with the sale Paul, I must have missed that phone call

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
      Leave em locked up in the house. Good luck with the sale Paul, I must have missed that phone call
      I mentioned you to the wife when we started the process but shes driving the boat..................

Comment

Do not put in storage. I would leave them locked up in the house. If realtor has a problem with that then get another realtor.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Do not put in storage. I would leave them locked up in the house. If realtor has a problem with that then get another realtor.
          The realtor doesn't take issue. He just wants everything we can possibly get out, out. If it comes down to it I'll move them to a buddy's house temporarily.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
            I mentioned you to the wife when we started the process but shes driving the boat..................
            Just playing amigo, hope you aren’t planning on going too far! HH soon? We’re overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
              Just playing amigo, hope you aren’t planning on going too far! HH soon? We’re overdue.
              Wimbo..... Not too far friend. Once things slow down with the move we should get something together.

Comment

We just put ours on the market as well and I am trusting the safe to do what it was designed to do. Good luck with your sale,

Comment

I would just drape a blanket over them and strap it down where people can't see what is under them?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                    The realtor doesn't take issue. He just wants everything we can possibly get out, out. If it comes down to it I'll move them to a buddy's house temporarily.
                    This... IMHO

Comment

home

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      This

Comment

Leave them in the house/garage and move out everything else.

I hated moving my mounts out to sell ours near you but you're in a prime south Austin snowflake sales area and they've got money to buy!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                          Leave them in the house/garage and move out everything else.

I hated moving my mounts out to sell ours near you but you're in a prime south Austin snowflake sales area and they've got money to buy!
                          Realtor did advise moving the dead stuff!

Comment

depending on the size of the safes - go to Uhaul, or the like, and get their biggest hanging clothes box. Cut the back out, put it over the safe and stage it like it's another moving box.

Comment

Working...
                            X