ELR Competitions in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELR Competitions in Texas

Just putting this here for all of the TBH members that like to shoot long range. We have put together an association to help host events that will cater to the 1-2K yard capable guns(think standard magnum class), and also to the 2K -4K yard capable rigs(think anything up to .50 cal). It's looking like we will have 4-5 events in Texas, maybe more. It should be a good time, and I hope some of you will jump in and join us. Info can be found in the attached link.

Thanks,
    Robert

id love to come watch you guys . maybe the September match

Comment

Awesome! I would like to watch one of the competitions.

I don’t think I have anything that would work for those kind of ranges, even including this years APR build. Might have to start planning for next years build, lol.
      Last edited by Txsurveyor2014; 03-01-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Super cool. Thanks

Comment

Can I get specs on that blue rig with the APR sticker on the side? That’s one slick rig!

Comment

Need to talk to stick about a budget ELR rig... Thinking 300 PRC with 230 hybrids? Gona need a heck of a can't on the rail

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
              Awesome! I would like to watch one of the competitions.

I don’t think I have anything that would work for those kind of ranges, even including this years APR build. Might have to start planning for next years build, lol.

The "limited" class is set up to run with less horsepower The majority of those targets will fall inside of 1,800 yards. Something like a 7 SAUM will probably do well on the low end. A properly set up 300 Win Mag could do really well, and of course anything bigger will get it done. The target sizes will be pretty generous at most of the matches I'd bet. One of the big reasons we created the "limited" class was to get more folks involved without having to invest in building ELR cannons.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                Can I get specs on that blue rig with the APR sticker on the side? That’s one slick rig!
                That's actually paint! Pretty sure I posted it here before, but it's such a cool build I'll post it again

375 CheyTac
                BAT model L action
                McMillan ELR Beast II w/ custom paint by Dallas Airbrush
                K&P 1-8@32" 1.450" for 6" then straight taper to 1.150"
                Jewell HVR Trigger
                Terminator T5 Brake
                Ivey Adjustable Base

Comment

I (and I think many others) would be interested if y'all created a division somewhere in the 300-500 yd range. It's just more practical to real world scenarios and might therefore draw more people

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                    I (and I think many others) would be interested if y'all created a division somewhere in the 300-500 yd range. It's just more practical to real world scenarios and might therefore draw more people
                    We plan to. It will be the rimfire division.

Comment

Can a person just go to be a spectator at these shoots? The Rosebud Reservation isn't that far away - I would like to go just to watch and learn!

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                        Can a person just go to be a spectator at these shoots? The Rosebud Reservation isn't that far away - I would like to go just to watch and learn!
                        Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          We plan to. It will be the rimfire division.
                          What setups does it take to run in that division?

Comment

Looks like an opportunity or 2 may be in the works for you W.Tx boys! Hope to know for sure in the next week or so.

"What setups does it take to run in that division?"

Any accurate 22will do. It doesn't have to be a high end custom built rig. The challenge here is figuring out the optic/base combo that will take you that far!!

Rimfire stuff aside, most of these matches will primarily be set up for the "limited" class which tops out around 1,800 yds. In reality a well tuned Remington 5R in 300WM could be competitive, as will many other hunting rigs. It should be a great opportunity to get out and shoot with other like-minded folks and learn anything you could want to know about long range shooting.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X