SOS Bastrop Buccees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOS Bastrop Buccees

Ooooof. Long day yesterday and just realized I left my wallet on my tool box at Buccees. It didn’t make it home. If anyone hits Buccees today please check and see if it was turned in to the store. Likely didn’t make it far. I left Buccees and headed to Austin on 71. Significant cash, cards, hunting licenses (mine and kids) inside. Drivers license as well. Ugggh. Black wallet. Initials are TL. Buccees does not answer the phone. . Reward and good Karma to follow. Thanks much!

I am headed to Dallas for work now can’t make it over there to look until later tonight.
    Last edited by RR 314; 12-19-2018, 08:33 AM.

Hate to hear. I may be swinging by this afternoon and can ask. Ill glance at all the entrances and exits too.

Comment

Oh man that sucks! I hope someone that is honest found it and turned it in for you.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        Hate to hear. I may be swinging by this afternoon and can ask. Ill glance at all the entrances and exits too.
        Thanks much! Pales in comparison to your angst this year. Enjoy that baby boy! Have a great Christmas! There is $500 in diaper money for you if you can track it down!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          Ooooof. Long day yesterday and just realized I left my wallet on my tool box at Buccees. It didn’t make it home. If anyone hits Buccees today please check and see if it was turned in to the store. Likely didn’t make it far. I left Buccees and headed to Austin on 71. Significant cash, cards, hunting licenses (mine and kids) inside. Drivers license as well. Ugggh. Black wallet. Initials are TL. Buccees does not answer the phone. . Reward and good Karma to follow. Thanks much!

I am headed to Dallas for work now can’t make it over there to look until later tonight.

Believe it or not there is a chance.

A few years ago I did the exact same thing I think I sat mine on top of a gas pump.

I couldn't find my bill fold and remembered Bucees being the last place I had it.

I eventually got through to a person and they conference called the Bastrop store for me. Sure enough my bill fold had been turned in. It was in their safe.

I had about $800 cash, several checks and credit cards in there. Everything was still there. There are still good people in this world.

Hope you get the same outcome.

Oh yeah and they would only release my billfold to me, my wife couldn't even pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Believe it or not there is a chance.

A few years ago I did the exact same thing I think I sat mine on top of a gas pump.

I couldn't find my bill fold and remembered Bucees being the last place I had it.

I eventually got through to a person and they conference called the Bastrop store for me. Sure enough my bill fold had been turned in. It was in their safe.

I had about $800 cash, several checks and credit cards in there. Everything was still there. There are still good people in this world.

Hope you get the same outcome.

Oh yeah and they would only release my billfold to me, my wife couldn't even pick it up.
            So, you’re saying there’s a chance? :-) obviously hoping for the same results. Have my drivers license and business cards in there as well. Hoping someone would call! I never leave Buccees without going in. Got a call from the babysitter that she had to leave and headed out.

Comment

Not one to bump my own threads, but still have acid reflux creeping up and want to keep it up top! Thanks to those in Bastrop for keeping an eye open!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                Not one to bump my own threads, but still have acid reflux creeping up and want to keep it up top! Thanks to those in Bastrop for keeping an eye open!
                I’ve got a meeting at 10:30 in south Austin, and then I’ll head that way, pm your phone number and info that way I can claim it for you if it’s there

Comment

You might also try Bastrop police. Some people may not trust the store and just drop it w/ them. I had this happen in a College Station parking lot. Got a call right after I cancelled every card.... Good luck

Comment

I’m almost to Bastrop, I’ll update shortly

Comment

No wallets were turned in today at buccees, sorry brother... is there anywhere else I could look while I’m out this way

Comment

Thanks to all! Randy did quite a bit of legwork for me and it is much appreciated! Buccees does not have it. No need to check with them! I turned off Luckys parking lot Fin took a lap and then took a right to get onto Highway 71. It would have fallen off in the lanes of traffic. Be safe but anyone in the area Keep your eyes open please. I bet it has been picked up by now. As mentioned above, I have called Bastrop PD as well. Thanks again to all for the assistance in this victim precipitated matter! Thanks again Randy!

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                          No wallets were turned in today at buccees, sorry brother... is there anywhere else I could look while I’m out this way
                          Man, Thanks for checking. I pulled out of the exit by the Mexican restaurant on the right of the parking lot. Took a left there and headed to Highway 71. I bet it is been picked up. Hopefully it was somebody with a conscience. :-). Thanks!

Comment

Special thanks to Randy, Solocam and KLooney. I secured my wallet at 4:17 am CST. All is there and only my DL was loose in the road/shoulder. A bit of road rash and all is good. Thanks again for keeping your eyes open and for checking! It made it a ways down 71 before finding terra firma. I made a ringer roughly the same size and weight (including the junky flashlight) and drove until it fell off. Circled back and started looking and found my wallet within 80 yards or so. Desperate times call for hair brained desperation.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good deal man, I know that's a relief.

Comment

Working...
                              X