High-Powered Bow & Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High-Powered Bow & Arrow

This being a bowhunting site, I figured I'd let you guys see it for your own eyes and tell me what ya think! I, myself, am disgusted with the stance the media took on this one. But it is a yahoo article so I'm not all too shocked.

Are you kidding me? I hate to hear this story because it is a true tragedy but the media is trying to make this out to be the Bow and Arrow's fault. When I read that this morning, I couldn't believe it. I actually could believe it because the media is always doing things like this but it just blows my mind that some people will actually read this and think "Oh no, we need to ban all types of weaponry!"

Sad stuff with family violence. You're right, its not the bow's fault.

Comment

Sad sad news right there. I hate these things especially family violence.

Comment

That is some serious violence right there. The problem is people try to make sense out of a situation like this or place blame elsewhere when it's obvious this guy was just seriously gone upstairs. Killing your dad with a bow and/or knife then stabbing yourself to death is beyond anything the average person could begin to comprehend. A Murder/suicide, which we've had two high profile ones in the last week, is the biggest B**** move ever. If you want to kill yourself have at it but don't take other people with you.

Comment

I can't imagine what the scene of these events were. While I was reading the article, all I could do was think "This sounds like something out of a horror movie!" So sad.

Comment

Pretty bad situation all around.

Won't be long before the "assault bow ban" comes around.

Comment

It's sad but I think it's retarded they are blaming the weapons! Really? My guns and my bows do NOT randomly go off and my knives don't sit there and cut or stab people. The media needs to get real.

Comment

I guess one of these days, after guns, knives, and archery equipment are banned, they will have to ban rocks......and automobiles.....and baseball bats......and bare hands, and......

Comment

Not positive of the exact state but north Carolina or south you have to do a background check for crossbows just like a gun. It is because about ten years ago a deputy was killed with one. Next it will be butcher knives and baseball bats you have to pass backgrounds on.

Comment

He used a "very large" knife too. Might as well ban those too.

Comment

What part of the article did you not agree with?

Comment

Let's see-to paraphrase the old cliche, "If bows and arrows kill people, then spoons make Rosie O'Donnel fat and pencils misspell words."

Flaming media has not a clue-

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                          Let's see-to paraphrase the old cliche, "If bows and arrows kill people, then spoons make Rosie O'Donnel fat and pencils misspell words."

Flaming media has not a clue-
                          Where in the article does it even come close to saying that??

Comment

Originally posted by art745 View Post
                            What part of the article did you not agree with?
                            The part where the writer makes a compound bow seem like a military issued assault weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                              The part where the writer makes a compound bow seem like a military issued assault weapon.
                              This??

He had smuggled the compound bow — a type much more powerful and effective for hunting than a simple, wooden bow — onto campus beneath a blanket, Walsh said.

Comment

Working...
                              X