No announcement yet.

What do you tell your wife when she gives you **** about $ spent on bow hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you tell your wife when she gives you **** about $ spent on bow hunting

Honest answers please

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

I kiss a lot of butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
      Honest answers please

You're complaining about how much I spend on hunting, when you just bought a $250 pair of Ugg-ly boots?? That are so warm you will only wear them a handful of times each year??

Comment

Y'all both have to be on the same page at all times and you'll never have the issue.

Comment

I think it depends on your personal financial situation. I know some people who put hunting and buying guns and bows ahead of paying their necessary bills. Maybe she is being the responsible one in the family.

Comment

My wife's pretty lenient with me. As long as all the bills are paid and we can afford it, she pretty much lets me buy what I want. Definitely a keeper!:thumbup:

Comment

I just tell her, "I'm sorry!". It's that whole thing of its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Comment

My wife has many expenses that I can point out. She learned early on that if she wants me to stop spending on bowhunting, she's going to have to give up much more. She says nothing about my bowhunting expenses any more. All that being said, I don't spend nearly as much as lots of guys on bowhunting. Each person has their own priorities...

Comment

Mine did that for the first couple of years, then her work associate said "Well your husband is in the woods, Mine goes to bars." you should be thankful.

So tell her you could be spending time somewhere else. or take her out a little more during hunting season. Course our hunting is year round 365. So, go to dinner and talk about it. there is a compromise somewhere, hunting season is Oct to Jan, shopping is 365?

Comment

With no info. she may have a valid point.

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
                      My wife's pretty lenient with me. As long as all the bills are paid and we can afford it, she pretty much lets me buy what I want. Definitely a keeper!:thumbup:
                      This ^ pretty much sums it up. I just make dang sure the bills get paid. I also dont go crazy on the spending. I am more frugal than she is so I am usually the one griping about spending too much. I dont go to bars and I come straight home after work. The only things I spend money on are hunting and gardening stuff. When something needs to be fixed around the house, I do it.

Comment

Nothing because she doesn't give me grief... But we make sure all bills are paid before any non necessary expenditures. We also talk about and plan for high expense items.

I've got a keeper for sure.

Comment

Many moons ago my mother told me to explain to them from the get-go what to expect from the relationship. Hunting is what I'm about. If they have any problem with that, shame on them they were warned.

Comment

The little costs don't bother my wife... if I have a big purchase we save for it or I just wait unitl then end of the year for my bonus check or tax return.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1234 View Post
                              Honest answers please

Honestly,I think you could have chosen, more approriate wording for your
                              thread title.
                              Can I get an amen?

Comment

Working...
                              X