Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..Mount or Euro..

I shot a cull buck last weekend.
    There's a small story behind this buck, that makes him a little more special than his antlers reflect.
    He was a difficult hunt..even though he was patterned, and was always seen with a very young big 11 stud that is off-limits to even look at directly.
    Where the 11 went, this guy went.. clock work.

Any way, I've been watching him for a couple months..ive pretty much documented him in everyway...
    he's been missed by other hunters.. and I finally took him..after a period of indecision, and then, him hiding behind the 11..or in directly in front of the 11.. never giving a shot...seeming to know his placement between the stand and the 11 was determental to his living another day..

He's got a decent rack...for a cull 8...missing a brow that looks to be broke off during velvet..
    My family think's I should shoulder mount him..just because of the story maybe fix the brow tine...
    I'm on the fence.. If i do a shoulder...i will leave him be, just the way he is..
    but..i do like a nice Euro.

[ATTACH]426414[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't think there's anyone that can help make that call. Most hunters I know... thier "trophies" are rarely their biggest.

Make your call and don't look back! (My $.02) Nice buck.

Comment

Nice buck and cool story. Congrats on finally getting the shot. Since you asked our opinions.. Euro mount him.

Comment

I would do the euro

Comment

euro. my first buck was smaller and i mounted him though. All depends on how you view the animal

Comment

I'd do the euro as well. Nice buck and great story. Congrats!

Comment

I'd chunk it in the ditch

Kidding----/-if it were me, I'd euro mount

Comment

I like euros personally.

-john

Comment

Final decision is yours. I wouldn't fix the brow tine though. Nice main beams, I think that rack would look very impressive as a euro mounted on a pedestal.

I had a rule that a deer had to be +130 to get mounted, had a 129 7/8 and he is a euro... A few years ago I shot a 139 10 point and caped him out, and brought him home. Looked at the 2 larger deer (one 9 point of same size) my wife shot and decided hers looked more impressive so that 10 became a euro too. I still haven't gotten a shoulder mount of a whitetail, but my search hasn't ended yet.

Either way you will have a nice trophy to remember the hunt.

Congrats to you on your success!

Comment

I will only mount 135 or better I got a few euro's 2 more this year

Comment

Originally posted by Bill's Unlimited View Post
                        Final decision is yours. I wouldn't fix the brow tine though. Nice main beams, I think that rack would look very impressive as a euro mounted on a pedestal.

I had a rule that a deer had to be +130 to get mounted, had a 129 7/8 and he is a euro... A few years ago I shot a 139 10 point and caped him out, and brought him home. Looked at the 2 larger deer (one 9 point of same size) my wife shot and decided hers looked more impressive so that 10 became a euro too. I still haven't gotten a shoulder mount of a whitetail, but my search hasn't ended yet.

Either way you will have a nice trophy to remember the hunt.

Congrats to you on your success!
                        I was kind of leaning this way as well... thanks

Comment

I would do a pedestal euro as a corner table piece. That would be cool

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354293434829.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	24145578
                            Him in front of the 11.. eating corn around a dead hog that morning.. i shot him that afternoon.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354293578038.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	24145580

The 11 he hung out with..Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354293477937.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	24145579

Comment

There's an old buck I've been hunting for the last 3 years. I've never even seen him in person, just on camera. He's a nice buck, not huge by any means but if I ever connect he will be mounted just because of all the effort I've spent going after him. Like everyone else has said, final decision is yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X