Dogs on Leather Couches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs on Leather Couches

Anybody here have a leather couch and let your dogs get on it? We’re looking at getting a new couch but my concern with leather is it getting turn up by the dogs jumping on and off of it. Have a lab and wiener dog.

How durable are leather couches?

have a lab/pit mix and a 55lb mut. put blankets over the cushions where they usually lay. them getting up on the couch no issues but if they were laying on couch and something catchers their ears outside or someone comes to the door they tear it up trying to get up and off as fast as possible.

every little nail drag is visible honestly.

Comment

We had leather furniture the last two rounds before now, and went with a leather-look microfiber...and LOVE it. I've got a Great Dane, Australian Shepard, and a Boxer that are tough on everything. The microfiber has performed wonderfully. No scratches, no dark spots, no wear marks, cleans up easy. I love leather, but I don't think I'll ever have leather living room furniture again. You can see a bit of one of our reclining sofas here:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cj7zrcool; 05-22-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

It depends on the quality of the tanning on the leather. Good deep tan and scratches will not show up. Some leathers are not tanned through and scuffs will show up easily.

Comment

two catahoula and leather. It has been the best fit for owning dogs. Hair does not stick. Leather is tough. Think boots, baseball gloves, work gloves.

Comment

We have 2 labs and leather furniture in the living room they are on all the time and no issues. We prefer leather to cloth as it does not retain smells like cloth and is much easier to keep clean.

Comment

Leather couch, leather love seat and leather recliner here. Have Aussie as well. No problems.

Comment

We have an 80lb Boxer, a Boston Terrier, and 40lb retriever/collie rescue with dark leather couches. We will probably go with microfiber next time. There are lots of surface scuffs from them jumping down when they hear something or jumping up there. It has taken a couple of years to be really noticeable but it is and it bothers me. We will probably replace ours soon... and not with leather this time.

Comment

Leather couch and a heeler with no problems. she thinks the couch belongs to her.

Comment

So pretty mixed reviews

Comment

Wow. Had no idea this many will let dogs on the furniture. Due to a little E-collar training, you can't throw my dog on the couch.

Comment

Dogs on couches? No comprendo.

Comment

Mine are only allowed on the love seat (nobody sits there) and I keep a sheet on it most of the time.

Comment

Man I’m not even for dogs in the house, but that’s just me

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                              Wow. Had no idea this many will let dogs on the furniture. Due to a little E-collar training, you can't throw my dog on the couch.
                              Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                              Dogs on couches? No comprendo.
                              Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                              Man I’m not even for dogs in the house, but that’s just me
                              I like my dogs WAY better than most people I know, so if y'all come over you'll probably have to sit on the floor....or on the porch.

Comment

Working...
                              X