Which utv tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which utv tire

I have a ranger crew and the stock tires need to be replaced. I don’t need aggressive mud tires I need something that will hold up in the hill country with cactus and mesquites. Ranger is stock, no lift

in for this, i need new tires as well for the same terrain.

I was looking at "Tusk TriloBite HD 8-Ply Tire"

Not a bad price them as well -

Shop for Tires, like Tusk TriloBite® HD 8-Ply Tire at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. We have the best prices on dirt bike, atv and motorcycle parts, apparel and accessories and offer excellent customer service.

Comment

I can't speak for the hill country but I have the MOTO MTC tires and they are great. Not too too overly aggressive but plenty of bite when you need it. So far over 3 years on them and not one issue.

Comment

I have been looking at these Tusk Terrabites as I am on hard surfaces alot of the time and these look like they will ride smoothly and still have traction in the mud.

Shop for Tires, like Tusk Terrabite® Radial Tire at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. We have the best prices on dirt bike, atv and motorcycle parts, apparel and accessories and offer excellent customer service.

Comment

Maxxis Bighorns have a great ride and are an all around great tire for what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bkt, these r tractor tires but ride smooth as stock. I have 30s on my sxs

Comment

I bought Roctane XD, they were supposed to be the Kevlar version but they weren’t, and they wanted $82 shipping to return them. I kept them and time will tell if they hold up or not. If I knew they didn’t have the Kevlar XD, I would have bought these X2’s, 10 ply.

Comment

Essex run flats are what you need - have used them in South Texas for years over thorns rocks etc. Best tire on the market

Comment

I have the Maxis Bighorn 2.0 from my Kawasaki Teryx, and they are a great mud tire but I don't want to wear them out too fast. I replaced them with wheel/tire combination for DOT approved highway riding in Utah and AZ. I went with the GBC Kanati Mongrels and could not be more pleased. If you're already looking at Rocky Mt ATV they carry them there. 10 ply-rated, tough sidewalls and great traction in the rocky terrain here in the mountain West. We have lots of sharp shale and stickers, and mine have held up great.

Comment

Itp bajacross has been the best tire I’ve had on a ranger. I hunt in the hill country with lots of cactus, mesquite, and rock.
                    8 ply, super tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Are y’all filling them with anything other than that green slime?

Comment

I did a ton of research when I was looking for tires. With that said look at Sedona ripsaws and coyotes. One of those will do you well. I use the ripsaws in south Texas brush and wear Texas rock. No flats yet and I go over everything.

Comment

I also have big horn 2.0. This year they saw extensive mud work and did great. 10 years old and hardly any wear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Kanati Mongrels. 10 ply and ride really smooth. Not too aggressive, but good enough for anywhere I have needed to go on my Ranger EV...South Texas, west, north, central...some really rough country. Really tough tire. They look more like a truck tire than a UTV tire. I'll be putting these on my Mule when it needs new tires. I ordered them from Rocky Mountain and I think my local Discount Tire mounted them for like $20.

And don't use that green slime crap. Get some Berryman's.

Comment

I have Rocktane Kevlar tires filled with pink slime that is a thicker consistency than the green slime. I have cut rear tires on the sidewall hauling protein but it is probably because I run low tire pressure for a smoother ride

Comment

Working...
                              X