No announcement yet.

Pigs to feed the Hungry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some pigs if anyone has an opportunity this weekend, I can meet within reason. I will be in the Detroit TX area this weekend as well.
    Thanks
    Bert

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

A big shout out to Joe (oneeye). He killed, butchered and donated 8 pigs! This meat was donated to a food bank called “beautiful feet”. How awesome is Joe. Thanks again to all tha have donated.
        Bert

Comment

Nice meeting you today, Bert. Thanks again for everything.Nice to see the meat go to good use. I say it's awesome what you and your daughter are doing.

I just shut it down for the night about 50 miles south of Kansas City. Another 10 hours tomorrow and I should be home!

Comment

Drive safe brother.

Comment

This is a neat idea and I would likely donate rather than dragging them off but I am nowhere near Fort Worth. It would be cool to have a sticky thread with a list of churches/food banks around the state that take donations of wild pig meat.

Comment

It took quite a bit of research, in the end we found churches that had local outreach programs to feed the hungry.
                Thanks
                Bert

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                  It took quite a bit of research, in the end we found churches that had local outreach programs to feed the hungry.
                  Thanks
                  Bert
                  Do you have a list? I bet if you posted an organized list of churches not far off major freeways between or near major metro areas, you could get a lot of hunters to donate. If its convenient for guys driving home from the lease I think more would do it. For example, I hunt near Uvalde and live near Houston. If I knew of a drop off location not far from I-10 along the drive to home I would likely donate the pigs I shoot. I could probably load up a cooler with meat bc everyone on my lease just dumps them.

Comment

I've been told there is a big one in SA. I had planned on researching it and taking my meat there. When BigDraw first posted this thread I saved it to my home page and then contacted him when I had the meat ready.

Comment

She has only found 2 places in Fort Worth so far. My daughter has not looked to extend outside of DFW, as we haven’t really been successful in providing a steady supply of meat.

Comment

Anyone have an opportunity to get pigs this weekend, I could use some meat. I can meet within the metro plex

Comment

Great thing you’re doing! One question, do the folks cooking this meat know to get it to 160°+ for safety?

Comment

I'm trying to get some, I'll be going next week, so maybe I'll have better luck.
                            I missed one two nights ago...

Comment

The folks are aware of proper handling and cooking for this meat. I have discussed this with them in detail

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X