No announcement yet.

Alaska Wild Cow Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, what Glen said! Lots of smack talk coming from folks who hunt on feeders. I know a guy in Alaska who has hunted these and it sounds like a true hunt to me. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      This hunt interest me more than sitting in a stand guarding a corn feeder from those dangerous 80 pound whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
        Yep, what Glen said! Lots of smack talk coming from folks who hunt on feeders. I know a guy in Alaska who has hunted these and it sounds like a true hunt to me. To each their own.
        Yep. Jealousy is an ugly trait.
        I bet a lot of the bashers would line up to shoot these cows if it was a free hunt.

Comment

I have always wanted to do this in australia. Alaska would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            I have always wanted to do this in australia. Alaska would be awesome

I work with an Aussie and have heard some cool stories

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
              Yep. Jealousy is an ugly trait.
              I bet a lot of the bashers would line up to shoot these cows if it was a free hunt.
              Jealousy? I can probably list 40 hunts I would book before hunting a cow for $6800. Even if you are set on a boat based hunt, I would rather do a boat based Alaska hunt (again) for Sitka Deer or Black Bear. If it was free, of course I would give it a go. Any boat based Alaska hunt is an adventure and there is always fishing to do.

I certainly don't have any problem with people doing this hunt, its just of no interest to me.

Comment

I met a guy in Utah that went on a musk ox hunt, told him had obviously ran out of things to shoot.......then there's this

Comment

I shot one our horses last week, next one that needs it I'm posting on here !!!

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                    I shot one our horses last week, next one that needs it I'm posting on here !!!

Well ain’t you something special

Comment

So kinda like Scrub bulls in Australia or New Zealand?

Pretty expensive
                      Last edited by 150class; 03-10-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

It reminds me of guys bashing folks hunting zebra comparing it to hunting pasture horses. Then you see guys that travel to Africa multiple times still trying to kill one and how challenging it is.

Comment

Alaska Wild Cow Hunting

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          Jealousy? I can probably list 40 hunts I would book before hunting a cow for $6800. Even if you are set on a boat based hunt, I would rather do a boat based Alaska hunt (again) for Sitka Deer or Black Bear. If it was free, of course I would give it a go. Any boat based Alaska hunt is an adventure and there is always fishing to do.

I certainly don't have any problem with people doing this hunt, its just of no interest to me.

Agreed.... no interest. That and zebras, giraffes etc. Painting it with the broad brush of jealousy is just as ridiculous as somebody actually being jealous .

Comment

I realize that not everyone has any interest in hunting a 1500 - 2000 pound animal that is capable of smashing you into a greasy spot, and has the inclination and equipment to easily do it. So don't bash those that are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                              I realize that not everyone has any interest in hunting a 1500 - 2000 pound animal that is capable of smashing you into a greasy spot, and has the inclination and equipment to easily do it. So don't bash those that are interested.
                              Hunt em hell. I use to rope and drag cows in the marsh.. those crazy things run and jump like a deer and will drag a horse through 3 ft of muck trying to kill you..

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                                I love hunting dangerous game, but again, this would have to be a side hunt for well under 6800. This is just my opinion.

This one almost poked my eyes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X