Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one more.

Comment

Only need what you can carry if your saving for an armed conflict. You are not going to be able to sit in your house and shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have shot a lot in the past. I have a shooting range at my house, so it is really easy to go through 500-1000 22lr with the pistols(speedloaders rock), 200 9mm, 100 12 gauge with the auto- skeet thrower in a day. So if I had 15k rounds of 22 that is 15 to 30 days of shooting. I have 500 clay targets, and only 400 rounds of AA12 skeet loads..... To me shooting is a sport, and I love it!
        Last edited by BrianL; 01-19-2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

No such thing as too much ammo. I don't shoot as much now as I used to. there was a time I would go thru 300 to 400 rounds a day at the range. I probably went thru 8 to 10 K a year of various types. Pistol ammo is easy to burn up a couple thousand a week depending what you are doing. I have always rolled my own but now days that much shooting is cost prohibitive. Yesterday I only shot about 40 rounds of .308 and 20 rounds of 6.5CM. Today I'm reloading those. Shooting is just plain fun and for me addictive. Plus I enjoy reloading.

Comment

If you don't have to step over it to enter any room in your house, you're deficient.

Comment

Like others have said I can’t ever have enough. I can have enough that I feel comfortable shooting for a period of time, but I’ll never have enough that I feel comfortable with my inventory with an administration like the Biden Admin coming up.

Comment

1000 rounds for any centerfire rifle is "enough" forever if you reload. Enough for 99.9% of people even if you don't. 5k for rimfire caliber is enough forever. Anyone who says you need more has never tried to carry 5k rounds around a war zone. It sucks **** and makes you alot less combat effective.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicket Luke View Post
                  1000 rounds for any centerfire rifle is "enough" forever if you reload. Enough for 99.9% of people even if you don't. 5k for rimfire caliber is enough forever. Anyone who says you need more has never tried to carry 5k rounds around a war zone. It sucks **** and makes you alot less combat effective.
                  I don’t recall any requirements for carrying anything around. If I only had 1000 rounds of anything I’d quit shooting yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicket Luke View Post
                    But zombies.

Comment

Simply saying you have to move ammo to where you want to use it. I carry a 10 round mag in my AR when Im hunting since it's alot lighter than a standard 30 round, and when im hunting even pigs never hang around long enough to give me an 11th shot. Be realistic about what your doing is all im saying. I personally get board of wasting ammo shooting holes through paper targets I know I can hit over and over and over. Use an airgun or .22 to train and 1000 rounds PER centerfire IS enough. If you shoot 3 gun every weekend congrats to you you now are in the .01% that might need more. Normal people simply won't and you can always reload. Don't waste money on ammo you won't use or can't carry you could spend that money better elsewhere. Thats all I am saying.

Comment

I’m at around 1000-2500 per cartridge. My kids will burn through 100rds of 243 and 30-30 before I can remind them to keep their feet flat and breathe before gently squeezing the trigger. Some are fewer...doubt I’ll ever shoot my 460 Weatherby 1000 times.

The way I look at it, get as much as your resources will reasonably support. It is neither going to become ore available or cheaper, ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 1600 ish rds of .223 I would consider that deficient at the moment, would really like to get it up to 3k ish. 6k of 22lr and I will continue to buy it every time I see it. I got a kid that is going to be shooting before to long and I am sure they will chew through it when that time comes. 500 ish 12 guage bird shot I am more than good for awhile I might shoot 50-75 a season. .204 ruger which is my most prolifically shot rifle at the moment besides the AR-15 I have 400 ish rds left, but I bought a 500 rd case 2 years ago. So I should be good for a couple of years, but I will buy another 500 rd case when the chance arises again. Plenty stocked up on 7 Mag lots of bullets, brass, primers, and powder stashed to reload an additional 250 rds on top of the 100 I already have rolled. All my other centerfire stuff I have between 50-100 rds and will last me a loooong time as they barely get shot.

Pistol ammo I got probably 500 each ish of .380 and 9mm so good for awhile but I rarely shoot pistols.

Comment

I'll need four more .308 rounds in case I don't stick a deer with an arrow each year of his administration.

But seriously, the answer to your question is "just one more"

after seeing several posts around this bowhunting site, I see why I can't find enough ammo to even hunt with or sight in a new rifle - imagine the quantities folks are holding that are real gun enthusiasts!

Comment

couple hundred of certain calibers that I don't shoot with often (specifically hunting rifles) and at least a couple thousand of each caliber I shoot regularly is my goal. and 22 for the apocalypse. I started grabbing a couple boxes of 22 randomly throughout the year several years back; not hoarding but grabbing large packs when on sale. Its built up pretty good, and those are easy to carry! Wish I had done the same with primers....

Comment

It all depends...for centerfires, I have 6 to 9 boxes, but I shoot more 30-30 because it is my hog gun. For 22, thousands are necessary. Two of my grandsons burned through a bunch a few weeks ago (and I have 10 grandkids).
                                The only thing I am looking for now is 6.5 CM. That is because in December I decided to take on a new caliber (really bad timing).

Comment

Working...
                                X