No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been Keto for over year and half and dropped 100lbs in the first year. Intermittent fasting was the greatest contributor to my success. Wouldn't eat past 7pm at night and would have a light lunch around 12pm. Lots of summer sausage, cheese, avocado and boiled eggs.

Comment

Started the Keto lifestyle Jan 1st. Down 6# already. Felling good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually stay on keto about 6-8 months out of the year. Sure, i screw up every now and then but for the most part it's not difficult. I'm not what i would consider overweight. I do it mainly to stay in shape and try to get lean. Last year i lost around 30 lbs on keto in a short amount of time. I was down to around 160 and the leanest i have been in a long time. The hardest part for me is the warmer months when I want to constantly have a beer in my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by marc.munoz31 View Post
          I've been Keto for over year and half and dropped 100lbs in the first year. Intermittent fasting was the greatest contributor to my success. Wouldn't eat past 7pm at night and would have a light lunch around 12pm. Lots of summer sausage, cheese, avocado and boiled eggs.
          I think my wife gets tired of hearing it but every time she asks, "what do we need from the grocery store?"... it's always "Meat, cheese, eggs, and avocados"...

Even my 14 year old son enjoys it because he loves all the foods i eat on keto.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
            I think my wife gets tired of hearing it but every time she asks, "what do we need from the grocery store?"... it's always "Meat, cheese, eggs, and avocados"...

Even my 14 year old son enjoys it because he loves all the foods i eat on keto.
            Haha! That is the truth!

Comment

Random question but do you guys take vitamins or any supplements while on Keto?

I already drink a lot of water but I know I'd have to step that up even more so. Should I drink sugar free Gatorade for electrolytes etc?

Comment

I appreciate the link the OP shared. Any other free resources to develop a budget friendly keto diet?

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post

I already drink a lot of water but I know I'd have to step that up even more so. Should I drink sugar free Gatorade for electrolytes etc?
                  I take a daily multivitamin, but other than that, I'll drink a powerade zero occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I do fasting but during hunting season I would take a break. I will be trying keto this year I will be following this page .

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post

I take potassium and magnesium to help prevent cramping.

Comment

Keto 2021

I dropped about 80lbs back in 2018 for a Sept elk hunt doing mainly keto and IF. Moved in June of 19 and traded a fitness lifestyle for golf addiction which came along with lots of beer drinking, hanging out in the bar after golf and generally things that killed my energy and motivation for exercise. Now up 30lbs since I moved.

Started a weight loss challenge with a buddy this morning and I'll something like OMAD-KETO with bulletproof coffee to start my day and just have a nice keto meal in the evening. I know it is going to be harder than ever since I work from home 10 steps to the refrigerator but at least I have a wager as extra motivation now.

Here is what I am doing for muscle cramps and such.
                        Last edited by TexaRican; 01-11-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Keto 2021

Wife and I started 2 weeks ago.

We have a lot to learn about it.

Wife wants to lose 10-15# while I in the other hand don’t want to lose an ounce, I just want to get rid of some belly fat I can’t seem to burn off with healthy diet and hard exercise alone.
                          Last edited by bboswell; 01-11-2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

It's a pretty easy "diet" for me. Everything I like! Pork rinds, bacon, cheese, eggs, meat, etc., mixed with some healthy carbs. Just have to watch your portions. Thought it would be a breeze to cut our carbs, but I do get a craving for chips and tortillas every once in a while.

Comment

Been at it for a week and lost 1 lb, eating min veggies, berries, cut out sugars, bread, pasta, etc. I eat mostly meat already not sure if that may be the problem? I’m dumbfounded as I thought I would have lost more than that. Eating 1600 calories a day hopefully some weight will drop off as I’m in it to lose weight and drop my BP as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JMart76 View Post
                                Been at it for a week and lost 1 lb, eating min veggies, berries, cut out sugars, bread, pasta, etc. I eat mostly meat already not sure if that may be the problem? I’m dumbfounded as I thought I would have lost more than that. Eating 1600 calories a day hopefully some weight will drop off as I’m in it to lose weight and drop my BP as well.
                                When I started, I wanted to lose 13lbs (208 down to 195). I didn't loose anything the first 2 weeks. After that, I lost the 13 lbs in 3 weeks. I was basically maxing out my max intake of protein/carbs/fat each day. I think your body has to have time to get out all the "bad stuff" before the weight starts falling off.

Comment

Working...
                                X