Grayson County Buck Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grayson County Buck Down

Last week was an incredible week to be in the woods up here. We have some absolute monsters on camera but none have been cooperating and a few had disappeared all together.

This buck was locked down with a doe and even bred her once before shooting light out in the field. The doe he was with brought him strait to me, I drew when he jumped the fence and should have stopped him but shot from 12 yards and 25' up with him on a slow walk. I hit him about 8-10" back and was disgusted with myself for not stopping him.

He ran about 40 yards and stayed with his doe until she was run off by two other bucks. All the while he just stood there, he slowly walked off and I lost sight of him after about 100 yards. Those 100 yards took him about 15 mins to walk. I knew he wasn't feeling good and backed out, with the cold temps I decided to wait until the next morning and bring a dog. Turns out I didn't need the dog because he went about 50 yards further than I last saw him. I nicked the bottom of the liver luckily.

I was trying to hold out this year for one of our monsters but just can't let a 7 year old 150 pass me. Oh well, maybe next year! I can't get these two pictures to flip.
    Attached Files

Where the heck did you shoot him I don't see a mark.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That's a good deer. Good on you for letting them grow. Curious to the question above regarding shot placement?
        Last edited by Arrowthreat; 12-07-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          Where the heck did you shoot him I don't see a mark.
          Other side was the entrance, exit was on the white of his belly. The angle was pretty hard and I hit low and back. Got lucky!

Comment

A true stud of a buck. Congratulations on getting him. Sounds like he ended his career on a good note.

Comment

The dogs nose is on the entrance. Hard angle put the exit on the other side of center in the white hair.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great deer.

Comment

Beautiful buck, congrats

Comment

Congrats on a great deer!!

Comment

Sounds like a fun sit, congrats on the buck!

Comment

Thats a great deer.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              A true stud of a buck. Congratulations on getting him. Sounds like he ended his career on a good note.
                              He did! It was crazy to watch him with her. I've always seen the seeking part and never the locked down part.

Comment

Working...
                              X