LRGV Teniente 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
    I had a hunt at Eastlake this weekend. I got a call today saying that they were moving the hunt to the Schlaben Unit because of the cow tick disease. Good news is the place hasn't been hunted in 40 years, bad news is the roads & place hasn't been maintained. Looks like a very thick cover. Going to make it hard to walk in
    That's interesting, wonder if they're doing that for all the hunts. That doesn't sound like something that's quick to get rid of.

Comment

Illegals have become a great problem in recent years so be prepared to have your hunt messed up.

Are the illegals just passing along the county roads or are they walking though the middle of the refuge? Are border patrol walking though refuge in search of them? Are they breaking into vehicles? Just curious what you meant about expecting the hunt to be messed up.
      I will be down there next week 19th-22nd.

Comment

I was trying to quote Bow Bandit with the first sentence of my above post but It apparently didn't let me quote just part of the post. Sorry I'm still learning how to use the forum.

Comment

They can be seen near the roads most of the time but I have heard of some cases of them thru the brush east of Co Rd. 30 moving north since is the only section that connects with solid brush in the ranch north of the refuge. I have never heard of any break ins to vehicles, What I mean of the messing up a hunt is that they will spoke any animals in the area.

Comment

I wonder why this hunt is cut short by 1 day-- all $130 hunts are 5 day hunts

Comment

Is there going to be a orientation before the hunt? My group can not find any info on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Extremehunter37 View Post
                Is there going to be a orientation before the hunt? My group can not find any info on it.

I don’t believe Teniente has orientation. It’s an on your own hunt for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure you aware of the rules on the paper.

Comment

Any word on the Nov 12-15 archery hunt? Good luck for hunters starting today. Keep us posted.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Seen about 10 nilgai in our group so far with no shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Extremehunter37 View Post
                        Seen about 10 nilgai in our group so far with no shots.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good bull this morning but 200 yrds away, seen three 6 pointers in range but not shoot wt unless they are mature.

Comment

I got a cow Saturday. I found a freshly used large dung pile that had a large mesquite tree with a large horizontal limb with a place to stand/sit that was 20 yards downwind from the pile. I could hear the cow coming slowly through the brush stopping, looking, sniffing. She finally stepped out just upwind from me and stopped at the edge of the brush. She was very spooky and stood there frozen for what seemed an eternity. I'm sure she would have seen me if I was on the ground. I was was afraid she was going to see me but finally she walked past giving me the quartering away shot I was looking for. I sent a bolt through the rib cage and actually got full penetration through the opposite shoulder. She ran about 70 yards and I heard her pile up behind a tree. She let out out a couple of moans. After that the work began. I skinned/quartered her up and was able to tie off the parts in game bags to the ebike. I was able to push her on the ebike about a half mile to the county road. One of the local fish and wildlife officers was kind enough to meet me at the county road to help haul the quarters to my truck which was about a mile away down the county road.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just for information for anyone on the next hunt. I was only really hunting for Nilgai but on Sunday morning I saw a true 170 plus class buck cross into the South end of the refuge in the area west of county road 10. I don't think anyone hunted that area. Might be worth a look.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on your success. I assume you were up in a that mesquite tree?

Comment

Working...
                                X