LRGV Teniente 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay6x45 View Post
    Can you access most areas with a game cart or is a meat pack more appropriate?
    Where I killed my little buck, I could’ve gotten a cart in there with minimal effort but it wasn’t worth my time to walk to the truck then back to my buck. I was about a mile from the truck about 150 yards in the brush off the dry lake area. I field dressed him and stuff him in my pack and walked out. Plus it had rained so the lake bed was a muddy mess and was hard enough to walk in without dragging something.

Comment

Thanks. Just more 4 more weeks.

Comment

Yes, a cart can access most areas

Comment

Originally posted by Clay6x45 View Post
          I'm not really interested in whitetail unless I see a monster deer or it's the last day. I'm all in for Nilgai. How does the Nilgai population at Teniente compare to LA?

This guy is from a private ranch adjacent to Teniente on the north side. Just a teaser...

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have hunted Teniente multiple times and once again we will be there again. these time from Dec 10 -13. 2 of our groups got drawn for that date so there will be 8 of us there. We are still 4 weeks away so we dont plan to far ahead. Rain is always a factor there as it floods with ease. Illegals have become a great problem in recent years so be prepared to have your hunt messed up. as far as the nilgai population all I can say as that it has been reduced due to all the hunts done by the federal govy thru contract shooters to try to bring the numbers down. and all the ranches around hunt year round for them. we know the place very well as some of us are former US Fish and Wildlife employees and that track of land was under our watch. If any one needs some info We are more than happy to help out with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BOW BANDIT View Post
              I have hunted Teniente multiple times and once again we will be there again. these time from Dec 10 -13. 2 of our groups got drawn for that date so there will be 8 of us there. We are still 4 weeks away so we dont plan to far ahead. Rain is always a factor there as it floods with ease. Illegals have become a great problem in recent years so be prepared to have your hunt messed up. as far as the nilgai population all I can say as that it has been reduced due to all the hunts done by the federal govy thru contract shooters to try to bring the numbers down. and all the ranches around hunt year round for them. we know the place very well as some of us are former US Fish and Wildlife employees and that track of land was under our watch. If any one needs some info We are more than happy to help out with that.
              I'll be there with you guys Dec. 10th-13, but I'm hunting solo. Its sad to hear the numbers have gone down, Im really looking forward to getting a nilgai.

Comment

I'll be there with you guys Dec. 10th-13, but I'm hunting solo. Its sad to hear the numbers have gone down, Im really looking forward to getting a nilgai.

Comment

Comment

I'll be there Dec 10th-13th as well, but hunting solo. Sad to hear nilgai numbers have gone down. I was looking forward to getting one.

Comment

Oops sorry about the triple post^^^^^^

Comment

Bandit, any insight for East Lake unit? My son has a youth hunt there Dec 4-6.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Great dates to hunt..... Info is to long to type so Ill send you my contact info so that we can talk while you look at the maps.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                            You will have fun .. Still plenty of Nilgai around, If you need any help please feel free to reach out to us.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              I had a hunt at Eastlake this weekend. I got a call today saying that they were moving the hunt to the Schlaben Unit because of the cow tick disease. Good news is the place hasn't been hunted in 40 years, bad news is the roads & place hasn't been maintained. Looks like a very thick cover. Going to make it hard to walk in

Comment

Good luck out there guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X