No announcement yet.

My son, and fellow TBH’er has the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying for your family! Hope your son and his family are doing well!

Comment

That’s Wonderful Tyler that you are feeling some better. God is Great !!! Continued prayers for you and for your family that they avoid getting sick.

Comment

Praying for healing and comfort. Be safe.

Comment

Continued prayer

Comment

Any updates this morning? Prayers continued.

Comment

Hey gang, this thread is an excellent example of how you all may want to respond should you be stricken with this disease or you think you may have it... Tyler went to two full fledged hospitals expecting to get help, but as you all read, he was essentially turned away and told to go home!! Most, if not all smaller local hospitals in out-lying communities are not equipped to handle this new virus and they are afraid of it so they take steps of self-preservation and avoid it. Tyler went to Memorial Hermann-Woodlands and ultimately got the care he needed. This hospital is a level 1 trauma center and was equipped to care for him. They had systems in place for quick screening and admittance with safe ways to handle him.

If you are in an out-lying area and you are beginning to have these symptoms, don't wait until you are critical and not able to transport yourself. Go to a place that is equipped to handle your care needs. Take steps right now to find the nearest full service hospital that is taking patients with known or suspected CV-19. Know before you go... I can't speak for other areas, but in the Houston area, we have some excellent hospitals that can care for you and WILL care for you. The larger branches of Memorial Hermann and Methodist hospitals should be your first choices and check them out now. Don't wait until you need them. Just as a for-instance, where Tyler went, they had at least 30 ICU beds last night open, and the regular care beds are below 50% right now. They have cut all elective surgical procedures and are geared up and "waiting". They're waiting to the point, the staff next week if this drastic onslaught of sick people does not happen will begin to be furloughed because of lack of need for them. They cut out all overtime last week... Methodist downtown is in much the same shape.

One caution and a reason why I suggest you check out where you want to go beforehand, the outlying branches, smaller branches and such of these major hospital chains are no all set up to provide these services so check the one near you.

PLEASE don't wait until you need help to find out!!

Comment

Man, just saw this thread. Pretty sure I meet him one day a camp this last season. Glad to hear he's getting better. I'll keep praying!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Hey gang, this thread is an excellent example of how you all may want to respond should you be stricken with this disease or you think you may have it... Tyler went to two full fledged hospitals expecting to get help, but as you all read, he was essentially turned away and told to go home!! Most, if not all smaller local hospitals in out-lying communities are not equipped to handle this new virus and they are afraid of it so they take steps of self-preservation and avoid it. Tyler went to Memorial Hermann-Woodlands and ultimately got the care he needed. This hospital is a level 1 trauma center and was equipped to care for him. They had systems in place for quick screening and admittance with safe ways to handle him.

If you are in an out-lying area and you are beginning to have these symptoms, don't wait until you are critical and not able to transport yourself. Go to a place that is equipped to handle your care needs. Take steps right now to find the nearest full service hospital that is taking patients with known or suspected CV-19. Know before you go... I can't speak for other areas, but in the Houston area, we have some excellent hospitals that can care for you and WILL care for you. The larger branches of Memorial Hermann and Methodist hospitals should be your first choices and check them out now. Don't wait until you need them. Just as a for-instance, where Tyler went, they had at least 30 ICU beds last night open, and the regular care beds are below 50% right now. They have cut all elective surgical procedures and are geared up and "waiting". They're waiting to the point, the staff next week if this drastic onslaught of sick people does not happen will begin to be furloughed because of lack of need for them. They cut out all overtime last week... Methodist downtown is in much the same shape.

One caution and a reason why I suggest you check out where you want to go beforehand, the outlying branches, smaller branches and such of these major hospital chains are no all set up to provide these services so check the one near you.

PLEASE don't wait until you need help to find out!!

Good advice Charlie.

Comment

My son, and fellow TBH’er has the Coronavirus

First of all, I’m glad to see things are looking up for you Sir! Sounds like a very scary experience.

I’d be curious to know about the “cough” everyone talks about? What is that like?

Reason I ask, is I’ve had a few short instances of a cough here and there in the past couple days and yesterday morning had some of that green type stuff come up that I normally experience with an upper respiratory infection. But, all my breathing and what not has been clear since the green stuff. I chalked it up to having mowed the yard for the first time this past Sunday and allergies. I thought the fever showed up first, then all the other symptoms. Reading this thread, It’s the opposite. So, now I’m a little concerned having a 7month pregnant wife at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                          First of all, I’m glad to see things are looking up for you Sir! Sounds like a very scary experience.

I’d be curious to know about the “cough” everyone talks about? What is that like?

Reason I ask, is I’ve had a few short instances of a cough here and there in the past couple days and yesterday morning had some of that green type stuff come up that I normally experience with an upper respiratory infection. But, all my breathing and what not has been clear since the green stuff. I chalked it up to having mowed the yard for the first time this past Sunday and allergies. I thought the fever showed up first, then all the other symptoms. Reading this thread, It’s the opposite. So, now I’m a little concerned having a 7month pregnant wife at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pollens are at an extreme high. Most irritants are right now. My wife has been holed up for 14 days teaching online and she has been sitting outside to get "fresh air" while her normally dark gray car is now light champagne green..... Her allergies are kicking her tail. No fever thankfully over that time.... A friend posted this yesterday on FB.. Hopefully it is your issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pollen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	24613143

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Pollens are at an all time high. My wife has been holed up for 14 days teaching online and she has been sitting outside while her normally dark gray car is now light champagne green..... Her allergies are kicking her tail. No fever thankfully.... A friend posted this yesterday on FB.. Hopefully it is your issue.

[ATTACH]997888[/ATTACH]
                            That's what I'm hoping as well. Hopefully mowing the yard and the dust is part of the reason too. I've always had bad allergies and just figured that is what this was as well until I read the timeline of events here.

Going off this thread, I guess I will know for sure by tomorrow or Friday.

Comment

Prayers will continue for Tyler and family. And this is good news to be excited about...keep getting better!

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                                That's what I'm hoping as well. Hopefully mowing the yard and the dust is part of the reason too. I've always had bad allergies and just figured that is what this was as well until I read the timeline of events here.

Going off this thread, I guess I will know for sure by tomorrow or Friday.
                                I've been coughing for two weeks...Oak Pollen is extremely high, but since I was in Louisiana last week I get freaked out every time I cough. I would hit the over the counter cough meds to feel some relief.

That's to the OP for keeping everyone updated. Great info in this thread and I pray for full recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X