Digital tagging TPWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital tagging TPWD

Got an email from TPWD this morning. Thought it was about drawn hunts- no. It was a news story about a new way to tag game using a cell phone. This might be a way to avoid buying a duplicate license when you lose it.

My Texas Hunt Harvest app
    New for 2022-23:

Digital tagging is now available as an option with select 2022-23 resident Super Combo licenses, including the Super Combo, Senior Super Combo and Lifetime Super Combo.

With these digital licenses you can now digitally tag your oversized red drum as well as deer and turkey harvests using the My Texas Hunt Harvest app and online. See how it works by watching our short video Digital Tagging 2022-2023.

This will be the only way it works before too much longer

Comment

Yea pretty soon this will be the only choice. I don't mind the system one bit. Been using a similar setup in Oklahoma for years.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
        Yea pretty soon this will be the only choice. I don't mind the system one bit. Been using a similar setup in Oklahoma for years.
        Same here. That OK system is pretty slick and takes no time at all.

Comment

I went digital this year. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
            I went digital this year. I like it.
            Me too.

Comment

I participated in the E tag system test run last year doing both paper and E tags, it’s a 45 minute drive before the E tags will register due to lack of cellular coverage, went with paper again for the year

Comment

I bought mine online and it asked me if I wanted a paper or digital. I chose paper, just like the tradition of putting a tag on an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff Dog View Post
                  This will be the only way it works before too much longer
                  yep

My house is all digital this year also

Comment

Old school here. Will use tags as long as I can

Don't want anymore people having electronic access to my stuff. Especially the gov

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      Old school here. Will use tags as long as I can

Don't want anymore people having electronic access to my stuff. Especially the gov
                      Yep, I don’t disagree. Been doing the digital license and all in Oklahoma for a couple years or so now. Haven’t had any issues, but it always worries me. If you don’t have a signal or phone gets wet no way to even prove I have a license. Nothing to attach a signed federal duck stamp too. So I print off a couple paper copies. Carry one, sign it and stick fed duck stamp on it. Keep second copy in my truck as backup. When duck hunting warden still scans my little card but he wants to see that signed stamp.

Comment

I will reserve judgment until forced to comply.

Comment

I don’t have cell service at my lease in Eldorado. What am I supposed to do when it all goes digital?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I don’t have cell service at my lease in Eldorado. What am I supposed to do when it all goes digital?
                            Follow their instructions for that scenario. Which is 95% of a scenario where you have service.

You open the app record it.. it saves as unsubmitted.. you still put the same info on the deer less the confirmationnumber.... then when you get service you submit the harvest information. Put the confirmation number out on the deer.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a fan of digital. I also save all my tags and licenses from every year and every hunt I go on. 95% of the time I don't have service or my phone doesn't work so its no use to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X