X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responding to Accusation

Responding to Accusation
    Luke 12:11-12
    When conflict occurs, the natural reaction is to blame someone else and defend yourself. But believers must respond differently. Once, I was publicly chastised for a wrong I had not committed. Thankfully, the Lord enabled me to remain calm rather than react angrily. Praying first is always the best response in a crisis. When we do, God supernaturally provides that which we can't muster up ourselves.
    • Spiritual discernment. The Lord, who perfectly understands the source of every problem, can give us insight beyond our limited perspective. Perhaps there's been a communication breakdown, a feeling of jealousy on the other person's part, or a mistake we unknowingly made. The Holy Spirit can show us how to approach our accuser and see beyond hurtful words or actions.
    • A quiet spirit. Our human nature wants to react quickly so that we can defend ourselves. That's why we must first deliberately focus our attention on the Lord and experience the inward peace He alone makes available to us (John 14:27).
    • Wisdom. Jesus told His disciples the Holy Spirit would give them wise words to say when they faced hostile authorities. He'll do the same for you. Ask Him to put a seal on your lips until He shows you what to say and when (Ps. 141:3).
    We don't have to react to criticism with anger and self-protection the way the world does. Instead, we are called to represent Christ in every situation by depending on Him. In responding as He directs, we bring Him glory and cause unbelievers to want to know the source of our strength.
    Dr. Stanley

Thanks for sharing! AMEN!!!

Comment

Amen Bro. Bill. I need to be checked up from time to time and this is a great reminder.

Comment

That’s a tough one for me. Amen.

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Very fitting message for this month at work. Thanks

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Defending ourselves comes natural, how we react is the key. I’m not as calm as we’re taught to be. I needed a good reminder.
              Thank you Bro Bill.
              Y’all have a safe weekend.

Comment

Amen

Comment

Remain calm. And carry on.

It's Friday yall! Enjoy your weekend. And remember those who fought and died for us. That includes Jesus.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Amen! Great post thank you

Comment

Up

Comment

glad i caught this this evening. Im not a hostile person but for some reason have a hard time controlling my tongue at times and it has cost me several great people. Wish i knew how to make it better

Comment

Thank you for posting. This hit home for something that had happened at work yesterday. I let it snowball into today, that was the wrong decision. I appreciate all your posts.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a tough one. Good reminder to be slow to anger.

Comment

Working...
                            X