Homemade scent killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade scent killer

I found this recipe on another forum, anyone ever try this and do you think it would work:

Ingredients for Scent Killer:
    16 oz. (2 cups) Peroxide

16 oz. (2 cups) Distilled Water

ΒΌ cup baking soda

1 oz. On non-scented shampoo

Let sit for several days (milk jug works good with lid loose) You can also use this recipe is for removing blood from your hands in the field after dressing your critter!

Here's a little more detailed recipe for a home brew. Not to say other recipes won't work, but this guy has some specifics about the peroxide. He also has a couple of interesting articles about activated-carbon clothing.

Comment

Main difference is the type of peroxyde used, I would use the stringer stuff used for pool

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the recipe I use is:
        2 quarts of distilled water
        1.5 quarts of hydrogen peroxide (I don't use the brown bottles, I dilute the 27% kind down to 3% or a 9 to 1 ratio) note: you will get "some" odor with the brown bottles
        half cup of Baking Soda
        1 oz of scent free laundry detergent
        put into a very large mixing bowl or container to mix up then pour into a jug with a screw on lid, but DO NOT screw the lid on YET , just set it on top of the jug !!! you need to let it "brew" for three days before it will be ready to put into your spray bottles!!

Comment

Originally posted by crittergitter View Post
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the recipe I use is:
          2 quarts of distilled water
          1.5 quarts of hydrogen peroxide (I don't use the brown bottles, I dilute the 27% kind down to 3% or a 9 to 1 ratio) note: you will get "some" odor with the brown bottles
          half cup of Baking Soda
          1 oz of scent free laundry detergent
          put into a very large mixing bowl or container to mix up then pour into a jug with a screw on lid, but DO NOT screw the lid on YET , just set it on top of the jug !!! you need to let it "brew" for three days before it will be ready to put into your spray bottles!!

Do you find that it works the same as commercial products

Comment

Ill have to give this a try. Hopefully it will save some $$$.

Comment

Man this sounds great will have to try it!!!

Comment

The cows love it. I had sprayed some on a chair and the curtains of a popup blind and they chewed it up. I had also sprayed some camo netting at the same time and was letting it dry on a clothes line and the cows chewed it up also. Ruined all three items. I poured the rest of the gallon I had mixed on some cactus trying to get revenge. I have not had the same problem with the commerical stuff. Be carefull if you have cows that can get to it.

Comment

thats really cool guys, i never thought of or even knew you could do that

Comment

is there another brand H2O2 other than Baqucial?

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I will have to try it out.

Comment

thanks for the post

Comment

I'm gonna give it a shot as well

Comment

i have used it and it works
                            bb

Comment

I have read several articles on cover scents, the conclusion is allot of them use the products in this thread to make their cover scent.
                              Ever notice how 99% when it drys you get this white powder looking over spray? Thats the baking soda showing up after the liquid evaporates.

Also, what you could do is boil some cedar leaves or pine and use that in the scent spray as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X