Broadhead tuning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead tuning question

I have broadhead tuned my bow where both slick trick mags and strikers hit to the same poi as my field points out to 30 yds. That's as far as I have shot them. When I put on a muzzy mx4 or a crimson talon they impact to the right about 3 inches at 20 yds. Should I try and tune for them all to hit the same spot or leave it as it is?

Pick 1 broadhead that you are comfortable with and tune to that one. If you try to tune to several different ones you will wear out your sights moving them

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
      Pick 1 broadhead that you are comfortable with and tune to that one. If you try to tune to several different ones you will wear out your sights moving them
      X2 shoot what you have the most confidence in and tune to it.

DJ

Comment

You may be able to get them to come a little closer, your other heads may also move. I would pick the heads you want to shoot and leave it at that. Some people say they all fly the same out of a well tuned bow. I think this is tough because not all heads are shaped the same.

Comment

I'd just tune to the broadheads you are planning to use. That said, I usually shoot Muzzy 3 blades and sometimes Magnus 2 blades and can get both types of broadheads and field points to hit in the same spot. Some bows seem to like some types of broadheads better than others. I think you would make yourself nuts trying to tune your bow for all broadheads.

Comment

thats why i shoot rage. I am just as accurate with the rage up to 50 yards (longest distance i plan to shoot for now)

Comment

Shoot just one broadhead that will fix the problem.. And save alot of money

Comment

I agree with most everyone. Shoot one broadhead and sight in with it. Alot of folks say things that should be taken with a grain of salt. Arrows flex when shot, therefore the broadhead is not pointed toward the target for a split second. This will cause different heads to impact at slightly different places. You are doing well if you can get your favorite broadhead to shoot the same as a field point at 30 yds. Use all the tuning methods you want, and it will make you nuts.
                Don't listen too much to some of the things some folks say they can do with their bows until you've seen it for yourself.

Comment

I used to shoot muzzys and i had the same problem so i switched to spitfires.

Comment

stick with the slick tricks then no reason to tinker. If they fly where your fieldpoint does I can assure you they will put animals down with a consistency that doesn't require a lot of change.

Great head!

Comment

I shoot the Muzzy 3 blade and they work great. I prefer a fixed blade and a lot of folks like the mechanicals, but just shoot what you feel comfortable with and stick with it.

ROn

Comment

I normally shoot the rage but I want to make sure my bow is tuned for fixed blades also.

Comment

Arrow tuning will drive you nuts. Rotate you nock a 1/4 turn on the arrow with the muzzy intill they will fly straight. But then your vanes will be off.

Comment

Working...
                          X