Clear All

[ATTACH]1102590[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1102591[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1102593[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
          I borrowed a tractor mounted fertilizer spreader to distribute the Bentonite. When I opened the bags, it’s a fine powder, like flour. It didn’t run thru the spreader like I’d hoped. I ended up putting 6 bags (100 pounders) at a time and just used the bucket of the tractor to drop and spread it. So, I literally moved 15,000 pounds by hand today. Got it all put out, then ran over it with a 5’ disk to till it in. I then packed it in using the tires of the tractor. I’m tired. Gonna go sit down now.

Good luck. I hope it works for you. I’ve only heard of very mixed results doing it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I need my leak in my pond fixed also. Ask someone with a company that posts on TBH, talked to them and sent pics of my pond, but never heard a word back from them. Not good business.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              I need my leak in my pond fixed also. Ask someone with a company that posts on TBH, talked to them and sent pics of my pond, but never heard a word back from them. Not good business.
              Not good at all

Comment

I borrowed a tractor mounted fertilizer spreader to distribute the Bentonite. When I opened the bags, it’s a fine powder, like flour. It didn’t run thru the spreader like I’d hoped. I ended up putting 6 bags (100 pounders) at a time and just used the bucket of the tractor to drop and spread it. So, I literally moved 15,000 pounds by hand today. Got it all put out, then ran over it with a 5’ disk to till it in. I then packed it in using the tires of the tractor. I’m tired. Gonna go sit down now.
                On your fertilizer spreader your gate needs to be open all the way and your chain inside your spreader cannot have the divider in it or it will just leave a hollow cave up inside there and not flow correctly.

Comment

Knew a guy who used a boat with trolling motor to spread bentonite over the suspected area of leaky dam.

Didn’t work. I like the disk, spread and Feed cattle the middle as long as you can.

My friend builds tanks and lines with local clay every day. Hard to seal them Otherwise.

Comment

Bentonite also comes in a pellet size that looks like cat litter. My pond is much smaller, around a third of an acre. It would drain overnight when we bought the place. Had a guy come out to dig out a gravel layer and bring in clay and packed it. It went from draining overnight to draining 6 feet in a day... Called him back to tell him and he wouldn’t return my calls. Then I did the powdered bentonite by hand, won’t do that again (powdered). Then found some pellet bentonite and put 20,000 pounds of that in by hand. Slowed the leak to about 6” a day. Earlier this year put another 9,000 in, waiting for the rain to fill it up to see how it holds. Next step will be Damit pond sealer if need be, just found out about this.

Comment

Originally posted by EmergencyDoc View Post
                      Bentonite also comes in a pellet size that looks like cat litter. My pond is much smaller, around a third of an acre. It would drain overnight when we bought the place. Had a guy come out to dig out a gravel layer and bring in clay and packed it. It went from draining overnight to draining 6 feet in a day... Called him back to tell him and he wouldn’t return my calls. Then I did the powdered bentonite by hand, won’t do that again (powdered). Then found some pellet bentonite and put 20,000 pounds of that in by hand. Slowed the leak to about 6” a day. Earlier this year put another 9,000 in, waiting for the rain to fill it up to see how it holds. Next step will be Damit pond sealer if need be, just found out about this.
                      I hope this works, or at least helps. We had about 3.5” of rain a month ago and it filled up it up to about 90 %. It was almost completely dry a week ago. I borrowed a small pump to pump out the rest so I could get to work.
                      Anyway, the 15,000 pounds of powered stuff was free, so I didn’t lose anything but a little time, and a lotta sweat. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        On your fertilizer spreader your gate needs to be open all the way and your chain inside your spreader cannot have the divider in it or it will just leave a hollow cave up inside there and not flow correctly.
                        The hopper did have a revolving agitator in it, but the vibration from the tractor kinda compacted it. But when it came out, a lot it it came out as airborne dust and was blowing downwind across the pasture.

Comment

The hopper did have a revolving agitator in it, but the vibration from the tractor kinda compacted it. But when it came out, a lot it it came out as airborne dust and was blowing downwind across the pasture.
                          I gotcha definitely needs to be a calm day with little wind, also our fertilizer spreader spinners are hydraulic, you can slow spinners down where it’s not creating a lot of dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Did you email me? Call me? Pm me? I looked through my texts and emails and don’t see your name anywhere.

Certainly wasn’t intentional. Were you talking to myself or a coworker?

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                              Did you email me? Call me? Pm me? I looked through my texts and emails and don’t see your name anywhere.

Certainly wasn’t intentional. Were you talking to myself or a coworker?
                              Sippy, pm sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X