Anyone else seeing hummingbirds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only have 2 this year !
    One at house and one up the hill at cabin.
    Had quite a few last year
    Not sure what happened to them.
    Hopefully the little guys found a better place.

Comment

Refilled the feeder again this weekend. They were very active, thirsty and fighting for it! I imagine they are under fed like the rest of the animals.

Comment

2 feeders and up to a max of 7 hummers today....which is the most we've had here at the new place so far.

Comment

We have a very regular 2-3 all day long

Comment

They are very active here in my neck of the woods prior to the rain.

Comment

They are still here in Menard County.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

I have had several throughout the day today. I got some video of two of them fighting over it earlier.

Comment

We have had two hanging around the feeder in Spring the last few days.

Comment

We are going through 4 cups a day.
                    I would guess we have 20 plus

Comment

A lot less than last year. Have some but not swarms all day every day

Comment

We still have our usual 3 hummers and the dominant one that tries to chase the others away.

Comment

Two to three as well in Spring. Two feeders up.

Comment

We put a feeder up the other day. Wife stated to see a lot. Might get another feeder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Have 2 or 3 every morning and evening. Wearing the giant sunflowers out. More so than the nectar feeders. I never knew til this year how much they feed on sunflowers. Every seed on a sunflower has it's own little mini flower called a disk floret that has a tiny nectar cup. Hummers love them.
                              Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-03-2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Plant some of these for your hummers. The flowers get to be over 12" diameter.
                                After they done blooming and harvested you can eat the seed or use them to feed other birds especially cardinals and any bird in the finch family.
                                Only problem is they are a squirrel magnet.

The Mongolian Giant Sunflower is one of the tallest sunflowers in existence! These massive blooms will grow from 12'-14' tall with huge 16"-18" heads that are full of Seeds. The Mongolian Giant produces the longest seed of any variety, measuring 1-1/2" long, and makes a delicious snack when roasted. Because of their so

https://www.wildbirdscoop.com/do-hum...0these%20birds.
                                Last edited by muzzlebrake; 09-03-2022, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X