Archery elk and deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery elk and deer

While you all are stoked for dove opener we have archery elk and deer opening Sept 1.

We'll be deer hunting on the ranch we work for, mule deer and I have a whitetail tag too. Spouse would shoot a whitetail too if it presents itself, on his general tag.

Anyone else coming up for opening week ?

Unfortunately weather will be warm and mostly dry until about Sept 9-10 they are saying. Then a shift in weather patterns, wondering of another big snow storm will kick off Fall .
    It is still cool at night in the mountains, be careful with your campfires please.

I think our deer will be still active at night but we are setting a bear bait too- firearm hunt.

Our prospects, they should be rubbed off by this weekend, we do have another nice WT buck around too.
    Attached Files

Good luck wytex! I only drew a Whitetail tag this year and it doe not open until Nov 1 so I have a ways to go.
    I did scout this weekend with a friend for Antelope. He is guiding hunter through Hunting With Heroes. Was really disappointed with the Antelope numbers but did see a couple of bucks in the 76-78 range.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck to the Heroes. Hope they have a great time.

Spouse's WT rifle opens Oct 1, another area, but he'll take one on his general tag if he can at the ranch. These WT head over to Wheatland side about rifle season usually.

Apples are getting ripe and choke cherries are gone so a bear should be along sometime very soon up there. Had a report of one sighted along the highway just a ridge over from our bait site.

Not sure if we'll elk hunt til rifle or not this year, maybe that week of the 17th we'll go set a small camp and do some elk hiking.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X