No announcement yet.

Macie :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Macie!! Happy Friday, hope you're staying inside and cool.

God Bless the Gardner's

Comment

Hope you got a little of the rain yesterday. Have a great weekend.

Comment

No rain. Macie is doing good. A couple days of fussiness but nothing we aren’t use to

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
          No rain. Macie is doing good. A couple days of fussiness but nothing we aren’t use to
          Good to hear.

Comment

I bet she enjoyed the jeep ride. Way to make it happen, Dad.

Comment

Good Morning Ms. Macie! Hope you have a wonderful day sweet girl!!!!

Comment

Evening Macie!

Stay cool and inside.

Praying for you, God Bless the Gardner's!!!

Comment

Good morning Miss Macie!

Hey, hey, hey! Hey Mikie, anybody know what day it is?

Hope yall have a blessed day.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Have a great day Macie gal.

Comment

What do you do when your awesome nurses mom is having health problems (dementia) and doesn’t want to be by herself?? You tell Theresa to bring her with you to the house! I thought it was a no brainer. Theresa was worried about getting her hours. I did tell her to take off if she needed to, we would figure it out.
                      I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

11 years ago today I was working at Texas A&M YMCA with Vance Sosa. At 3:15 I received a frantic phone call from Harley saying Macie had been shocked. I honestly laughed thinking she’s just been shocked by the electric fence. Harley screamed at me and said no dad it’s worse than that she’s not breathing! I immediately dropped my drill told Vance I had to leave and ran to my van. Made it just south of College Station when I lost oil pressure. Rusty told me to drive it till it quit. Called Vance and put in him on notice that if my van quit he would have to come get me. The van made it to Summerville before she quit. While I waited on Vance I learned that they had life fighted Macie to downtown. They lost her twice on the flight, but got her back. Initially she had been without oxygen for 18 mins.

I don’t remember what time I finally made it to Memorial Hermann Children’s Hospital but it seems like forever! That began a very long hospital stay with many ups and downs. We dealt with some great doctors and some very poor ones. Several told us Macie wouldn’t make it till Christmas. But with people all over the world, we prayed. And God answered those prayers. Macie is still hanging on and still brings laughter to her family. Oh sure the doctors tell us she has no brain activity, but I’m here to tell you they are wrong. Let a tv show come on that she doesn’t want to watch and she’s going to let you know! Let her sister, brother or nephew walk in the house and not go see her immediately, and she’s goes to fussing.

It turned out she hadn’t been shocked at all. Her heart skipped a beat, her electrolytes were off and she had a seizure all at the exact same time. Any one of the 3 at separate times wouldn’t have hurt, but all at the same time shut her down.

I’m still not sure what Gods plan is for her. Yes sometimes I scream and ask him! But I do know that we have been blessed beyond words. Blessed by our community, the company I work for and having meeting some of the best home health nurses in the business. Theresa is a god send! Not just for Macie but for Keili and I both. Texas Bowhunter has been here from day one and for that I thank you.

Thank you all for the continued prayers and support.

Comment

continued prayers for y'all

Miss Macie, good morining to you! stay cool young lady!

Comment

This thread reminds me to thank God for all He does.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Prayers continue for you, Macie, and the unbelievably strong Gardner family.

Comment

May He continue to bless you and I still pray for her to be healed and made whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X