X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Tuesday)

Daily Bible Portion - 3 of 7
    "JOURNEYS"

(Weekly Reading>>Numbers 33:1-36:13, Jeremiah 2:4-28; 4:1-2, Matthew 5:33-37, James 4:1-5:20)

Clean out the Land or You will be Harassed

Numbers 33:55-56 “But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall be that those whom you let remain shall be irritants in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they shall harass you in the land where you dwell. Moreover it shall be that I will do to you as I thought to do to them."

We look at what is happening today with the leaders and world powers debating over the Nation of Israel. The homeland that was given to Abraham’s descendants through his grandson Jacob/Israel is being occupied and divided up by foreign nations with very little left for the Israelites. Yahweh proclaimed, “For I have given you [His chosen people Israel] the land to possess.” In spite of this declaration, the issue we face today is that other nations want the land of Israel and are trying to destroy everything about Israel: the name of Israel, the nation of Israel, the people of Israel, the inheritance of Israel and the God of Israel.

Not only is this Scripture in Numbers 33:55-56 a reminder of how we are to take possession of the physical land, it is also about our personal walk before Yahweh. If believers do not heed His instructions, to remove all foreign idolatry and strange fire from our walk, the inhabitants of our land will be irritants in our eyes and thorns in our sides, peace will escape us and our lives will be in constant turmoil. Poverty will be in pursuit of us while trying to keep ahead of the creditors Furthermore, we will find ourselves unable to get ahead or we will find ourselves working for free, and will accumulate like-minded ‘friends’ (parasites) who have similar characteristics, running from one harassment to another, wearing us down until we are sick and tired.

Where is the righteous army of Yahweh, those who remember His words - to walk in His ways and be holy as He is Holy? Where are those who will stand up in defense of the land given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Isaiah 6:8 “Also I heard the voice of Yahweh, saying: ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’”

Deuteronomy 11:8-9 “Observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, and so that you may live long in the land that Yahweh swore to your forefathers to give to them and their descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey.”

When Joshua and Caleb spied out the Land forty years earlier they did not see the giants as an obstacle of fear but saw Yahweh’s word as that which brought empowerment to take hold of the land. Yahweh said it belonged to them so they entered expecting to take it! They had faith in Yahweh and their actions bore witness of this. Today, we will not be able to reclaim the land of Israel until we see Yahweh’s word as Joshua and Caleb did. Instead, we will remain in the Diaspora/exiled, as we are today, until we stop listening, believing and walking in the bad reports from the nations around us.

continues tomorrow...

Thanks for sharing! AMEN!!!

Comment

Working...
    X