where would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laketex View Post
    Do you guys think land prices will go down? I've been looking for a small recreational/hunting property in Oklahoma and really kicking myself for not jumping on something a few years back.
    Oh yeah real estate prices will go down at some point. I am almost 70 and lived in Texas all my life. I have bought and sold real estate - I have witnessed real estate booms (the current one is the biggest) - but I have also witnessed real estate bust. Just like the stock market (as we are witnessing today) values go up fast but can also come down fast.

Research Texas real estate in the late 1980's - everything was rolling along fine and then the savings and loan's started going belly up - many factors involved but real estate plummeted - many many folks went bankrupt because they poured tons of money into real estate that went bust.

So I do not know when it may happen but there will be a day when real estate makes corrections and adjust - if you stop and think about how volatile our world is today with inflation, immigration, supply issues, etc. it would be no surprise to see a major real estate correction in the future

my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      i wanted to kick this up one more time. it looks like we may be ready to make a move here, and we should be able to get closer to $500k for our land now, i would like to find something 200 acres or bigger.
      OK is where we're going to go. Thought we had a really cool place bought but the deal fell through on the sell of our place.

Comment

Keep in mind that every day you wait, you are another day older and didn't get to enjoy that recreation place. The absolute best thing that we ever did was to buy land thirty years ago. It has been a lot of work, but the stories I can tell and the memories that have been made are precious. We actually built a home and have lived here for twenty-six years now. The land is worth perhaps seven times what we paid. I cringed at the price back then. Too bad that I didn't buy more.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
          Oh yeah real estate prices will go down at some point. I am almost 70 and lived in Texas all my life. I have bought and sold real estate - I have witnessed real estate booms (the current one is the biggest) - but I have also witnessed real estate bust. Just like the stock market (as we are witnessing today) values go up fast but can also come down fast.

Research Texas real estate in the late 1980's - everything was rolling along fine and then the savings and loan's started going belly up - many factors involved but real estate plummeted - many many folks went bankrupt because they poured tons of money into real estate that went bust.

So I do not know when it may happen but there will be a day when real estate makes corrections and adjust - if you stop and think about how volatile our world is today with inflation, immigration, supply issues, etc. it would be no surprise to see a major real estate correction in the future

my 2 cents
          Real estate has been at a steady climb since the savings and loan days….in 2008-2009 they did soften a bit from highs in 2007 bit it was not a crash in terms of the land market.

Too many outside factors to try and time the market, but I can’t see prices coming down….plateauing, yes, but not coming back down. Again, I’m talking about the land market not residential or commercial properties.

I’ve come across a lot of folks who “ were sitting on the sidelines” waiting for a market crash….they are still waiting, never did buy anything.

Comment

Standing by if some of you boys need a hand!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              Arkansas is a sportsman’s paradise. We just bought a place a few miles from MO & OK each.
              Little further than where you’re looking but there are closer parts of the state.
              This! And, much nicer weather.

Comment

When I was in Frisco, could make it to the ranch just south of Canadian in 5.5 hours. Land is going for $850/ac there unless you’re on the river or a creek. WTs and Muleys on us but varies. Pronghorn in the area as well if you go a little further north or west. Coyotes, ducks, turkey, quail depending on location. Canadian is a great little town, too. If too far, then I’d look around Childress.

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
                  I’d definitely be looking into Oklahoma.
                  this here

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post

my 2 cents
                    I can see homes and some commercial real estate going down some but i do not see small parcels of recreational land ever going down, too hard to come by and most that own those properties do not have to sell them. jmho

Comment

Oklahoma. The good ol days in Texas are over. I would recommend hitting up Darton.

Comment

I agree with Oklahoma. If your land is in Hunt County, you are already almost there.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

Working...
                        X