X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Tuesday)

Daily Bible Portion – 3 of 7
    "ON THE MOUNTAIN"

(Leviticus 25:1-26:2 - Jeremiah 32:6-27 - 1 Corinthians 7:21-24)

The land of Israel is never to be sold nor could it be given to a foreigner as the land belongs to God. The Children of Israel are the Lord's caretakers of His Land just as Adam was Yahweh's caretaker in the Garden. The Jubilee(yovel) year prevented the rich from becoming too rich and accumulating all the land of Israel, and the poor from becoming too poor (Leviticus 25:23).

The year of Jubilee is described through Jeremiah,

Jeremiah 17:8 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its root by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

The drought mentioned is a reference to both the sabbatical and jubilee. The word drought is used as no fields were sown or reaped during this time. If we are planted in Christ Jesus(The Word), He is the stream of Living Water that nourishes us, and by obeying His Word we will have no fear of famine but continue to bear much fruit in a time of drought.

Psalm 1:1-3 "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

Revelation 22:1-2 "Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of Yahweh and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations."

The Right of Return

The Jubilee year marks a season of the right of return, an ingathering for the people of Israel, the twelve tribes and those associated with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Today, many people are returning as they witness the Lord's deliverance and see the truth in His Word. Under Greek interpretation people were taught to look forward to 'rapture' as in 'leave the earth' but this is not the correct interpretation of the Scriptures. God's kingdom is to come to earth in you.

Luke 11:2 "So He [Yeshua] said to them, 'When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven'" (Luke 17:21).

Matthew 6:10 "your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

Luke 22:18 For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

Revelation 21:10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

Today, believers are in a season of repentance and return to the Lord as in the days of John the Baptist who came in the spirit of Elijah. This movement of the spirit of Elijah (of repentance) must in nature be followed by the restoration of Jesus in the hearts of men. When we enter into Christ's death and resurrection, that of crucifying our sinful nature, we receive His resurrection power and are filled with the Holy Spirit entering intimacy with Jesus by obedience to His ways (Acts 18:18-19:7; Luke 3:1-18).

2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

According to Jubilee, the people will also be returning to their allotted tribal lands (Ezekiel 48). In Scripture, those who return will do so by the power of Christ Jesus, our Kinsman Redeemer, through the price He paid for us that opened the way for the right of redemption under the law of the Jubilee year. Those far away (from Torah) living in darkness will see a wonderful revival in the Land. The Spirit of the Lord is ingathering those today. Never before have so many repented and returned to their Scriptural foundation. The Law of Redemption is Jesus. He has provided the way back home. This is the true gospel, the Restoration of the Kingdom of the Lord and the goal of our salvation and redemption.

Leviticus 25:10 "And you shall consecrate the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee/Yovel for you; and each of you shall return to his possession, and each of you shall return to his family."

Deuteronomy 19:14 "You shall not remove your neighbor's landmark, which the men of old have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim is giving you to possess" (Proverbs 22:28; Ezekiel 48).

Luke 4:16-21 "He [Yeshua] went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: 'The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.' Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, 'Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing'" (Isaiah 61:1-3).

The Scattering of Christ's Sheep

God warns us that if we are consistently rebellious to His ways the land He gave us will physically spew us out in order to allow the land to lay fallow in the Sabbath years.

Deuteronomy 30:1-6 "Now it shall come to pass, when all these things come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind among all the nations where [you have been scattered because of disobedience to Yahweh's word] where Yahweh your God drives you, and you return [in repentance] to Yahweh your God and obey His voice, according to all that I command you [the Marriage Covenant – the Gospel] today, you and your children, with all your heart and with all your soul, that Yahweh your God will bring you back from captivity, and have compassion on you, and gather you again from all the nations where Yahweh your God has scattered you. If any of you are driven out [because of your sins of dishonor] to the farthest parts under heaven, from there Yahweh your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you. Then Yahweh your God will bring you to the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it. He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers. And Yahweh your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love Yahweh your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live" (Deuteronomy 28:15, 41; 2 Chronicles 36:20-21; Jeremiah 25:9-12).

History records what happened when the Israelite people did not keep His word of rest for the land. After the fall of Jerusalem, the children of Israel were captured and taken to a foreign land.

2 Chronicles 36:20-21 "He carried into exile to Babylon the remnant, who escaped from the sword, and they became servants to him and his sons until the kingdom of Persia came to power. The land enjoyed its Sabbath rests; all the time of its desolation it rested, until the seventy years were completed in fulfillment of the word of Yahweh spoken by Jeremiah" (Jeremiah 25:9-12).

Jeremiah 29:10 "For thus says Yahweh, 'When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place.'"

Psalms 68:6 "God makes a home for the lonely; He leads out the prisoners into prosperity, only the rebellious dwell in a parched land."

continues tomorrow...

Thanks for sharing! AMEN!!!

Comment

Working...
    X