Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you going to be back there deerskin

Comment

I will be leaving Abilene in the next two hours and be camping there till Sunday night.

Comment

Hi all, new to the forum. Been hunting area IV. I plan on camping out there next week. Glad those temps are finally going down a bit. Good group of folks on here. Feel free to say hello if you're out that way!
        -Martin

Comment

You having any luck over there deerskin?

Comment

i got ran off of my hunting area so i didnt get to hunt. did not get to hunt area 3. the gate that i think is the access off of twin lakes rd was closed. i did see at least 20 deer saturday morning as i was leaving area 4. with 8 of those being bucks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384392638.207235.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	24264267

Was in the neighborhood and came across this feeder with this marking on it... Says "COOPER"; if this is anyone on this forum please PM me! I'd like to talk to you more about the area and if was possible agreement we could reach on accommodating hunt close proximity. Very impressed with the blinds and area of choice.

Comment

Who's going to be hunting this weekend the big guys should be moving.... Hopefully cause it's going to be one cold mother lol

Comment

Originally posted by dgrant View Post
                  Who's going to be hunting this weekend the big guys should be moving.... Hopefully cause it's going to be one cold mother lol
                  I'll be out there freezing...good luck.

Comment

Have any luck Yankee?

Comment

Originally posted by dgrant View Post
                      Have any luck Yankee?
                      Not yet, hopefully the morning will bring in my shooter.

Comment

Guys we have a blind/spot crasher in our midst on unit 5.

Comment

Unit 5 MOOCHER/THEIF!!!

I scouted out a spot and built a ground blind in unit 5 out of mesquite limbs the 2nd week of October. I have been adding new limbs to it every week or 2 to maintain it and keep green color on it. I have kept it baited with corn and wildgame innovations crush powder. I did all this to help get a young lady her first deer. She has been practicing the past 2 seasons with her bow to build up to a draw weight heavy enough to kill a deer since she refuses to take her 1st deer with anything but her bow. She finally achieved her goal this year and worked hard to finish her stuff at school so she could hunt this weekend in this spot that I have had ready for her since October.

When we get there today this MOOCHER/THEIF in the pics below had broke apart, part of the blind I biult and draped camo burlap over part of it. He had been out there saw what I had baited with and put corn and crush out over the corn and crush I already had out there. He shot a deer from that spot left his empty shells in the blind and drug the deer back over within less than 50 yards of the blind and gutted it and left the gut pile there less than 50yds of the blind and corn. With all the corn and crush powder I put out there and all the freshly cut limbs on the blind there is no excuse to say he thought it wasn't being used or hunted out of. She hunted it friday night. I had sat in it multiple times as well.

I was out there at noon to 12:30 checking the game camera and corn/crush. We got back out there at 4 to hunt today. This guy got out there mid day (I guess to avoid us) in between 12:30pm and 4pm and shot a deer and left the gut pile there near the blind. I just figured my fellow TBH members that hunt out at Twin Buttes land would appreciate info on and individual such as this.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The time on the camera is an hour fast i haven't changd it back yet.

Comment

The price u pay hunting PUBLIC Land ! Atleast he didn't steal ur camera..

Comment

True but atleast drag it off a ways away from the blind and baited spot to gut it. Dont ruin the spot for however long by gutting it and leaving a gut pile right there and tear apart the other persons blind. The look on her face and tears in her eyes when we got there and saw all that it was awful. I was pretty mad.

Comment

Working...
                                X