Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    Won't be too may deer hunters out for the last weekend I bet, I'm counting on it.
    Let's hope

Comment

Plenty of hunters out here that might get deer pushed around

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe we should organize a Sunday finale deer drive...

Comment

Desperate measures for the last weekend!! Good luck boys I have seen it happen the last weekend of the season more than once out there.

Comment

GW should be out here this weekend ticketing for no orange. Between duck and dove that should make some good revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              Won't be too may deer hunters out for the last weekend I bet, I'm counting on it.
              6 trucks at the Primitive Boat Launch, 8 trucks at CR391 San Gabriel entrance, and 11 from 5 gate to the turn around at 7:15am this morning! Deer were running in circles all day between the deer, duck, dove, and hog hunters... My brother thought he was done last week when his wife had their fist baby, but got him to sneak out this morning and push a buck right to him. He closed the deal at 45 yards... Our card went 3 for 3 on our bucks and had a blast out there! Best of luck tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                6 trucks at the Primitive Boat Launch, 8 trucks at CR391 San Gabriel entrance, and 11 from 5 gate to the turn around at 7:15am this morning! Deer were running in circles all day between the deer, duck, dove, and hog hunters... My brother thought he was done last week when his wife had their fist baby, but got him to sneak out this morning and push a buck right to him. He closed the deal at 45 yards... Our card went 3 for 3 on our bucks and had a blast out there! Best of luck tomorrow!

Congrats on an awesome season out there! Love to see a group who will put the time and effort in to get it done! It's not as easy as some think when they first get out there. I'm sure they were all spikes

Comment

Shot on in North Side of San Gabriel between road and creek at Willis Park.

2 points on one side and at least 3 on the other side
                  Shot in right front chest at 20 yards with Rage 2" xbow @ 380fps
                  He was facing me slightly turned. Should have aimed more central and lower.
                  Shot from ground.

Blood started at 40 yards.
                  Arrow found at 90 yard when he crossed 1st fence.
                  Blood bath found 5 yards past fence crossing in plain view of a feeder and lock on treestand.
                  Crossed 2nd fence at 130 yards.
                  Lost blood when he entered field.
                  Tracked foot prints for 20 yards then lost in grass.
                  Walked a 600 yard wide cross pattern x 600 yards deep in field.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is why you don't take frontal shots, yeah you can get them sometimes but usually you don't. But I can understand taking the risk the last weekend of the season, tough luck.

Comment

Yep. After coughing fit he was walking and after 2nd fence went back into sprint.
                      Maybe spooked by something.

I waited 56 minutes before moving from where I shot him.

Comment

With that sort of blood trail you would have thought it would be an easy recovery he lost some blood. Boss is right though not the best shot to take.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                          Yep. After coughing fit he was walking and after 2nd fence went back into sprint.
                          Maybe spooked by something.

I waited 56 minutes before moving from where I shot him.
                          If he was coughing you more than likely caught one lung buy they can go a long ways on one lung.

Comment

I'm sure it's just one lung based on arrow trajectory. Yep, newbie Granger hunter!
                            Maybe in 10 years when I get drawn again things will be different.

I believe all the 1st timers have learned a ton this season.
                            Where the "spikes" are and how they travel.
                            Stand entering/exit routes.
                            How big a part the wind plays.
                            How dove/duck hunters and dogs play into deer movement.

Next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                              I'm sure it's just one lung based on arrow trajectory. Yep, newbie Granger hunter!
                              Maybe in 10 years when I get drawn again things will be different.

I believe all the 1st timers have learned a ton this season.
                              Where the "spikes" are and how they travel.
                              Stand entering/exit routes.
                              How big a part the wind plays.
                              How dove/duck hunters and dogs play into deer movement.

Next time.

Now if you can just learn not to post pics and talk about every spike you see you will be doing good!

Even guys that have hunted out there for years learn something new every year I know I do. Yea it's hard to figure duck hunters other hunters bike riders horse riders and boy scout group's that are out and about. Def plays a factor and who knows you may just get drawn next year

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                Now if you can just learn not to post pics and talk about every spike you see you will be doing good!
                                Live and Learn

Glad I had people to set me straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X