No announcement yet.

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I didn't draw anything. Still have four e card duck hunts out.

Comment

no draws for me.....maybe next year

Comment

Drew a Dimmitt Playa waterfowl/pheasant combo hunt in December. Not much info. about that particular hunt online, but it should be a fun experience at least.

Comment

No draws x 4-5 years now, put in for 27 this year from youth to the guided hunts. I have several points for all of these categories...frustrated for sure

Comment

Elephant Mountain and South Llano

My son was drawn for Elephant Mountain and South Llano youth hunts. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

I was selected for two hunts both within 2 hours of home. Not bad for 3 dollar app and the fee is pretty cheap to hunt Nilgai and Whitetail in S Texas. I wonder how they figure it all out, not complaining.

Comment

[quote=bossbowman;13464559]Yup, there's a fluff piece in the houston chon about how many more permits are available now but deer opportunities are way down from 10-15 years ago. What they are counting is dove permits and national forest antlerless permits being added to the tpwd system. Read it for a good laugh, its all smoke and mirrors

Great find. Was in need of good laugh this morning

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                  My son was drawn for Elephant Mountain and South Llano youth hunts. Any advice would be appreciated.
                  Daughter was drawn for the South Llano hunt in January, she is beyond excited for it! She was very fortunate to shoot her first whitetail doe, a pig and then, near the close of the season, the buck in my avatar last year at 9 yo.

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
                    Daughter was drawn for the South Llano hunt in January, she is beyond excited for it! She was very fortunate to shoot her first whitetail doe, a pig and then, near the close of the season, the buck in my avatar last year at 9 yo.

Holy smokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
                      Impressive. We will be there first weekend in January.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                        No draws x 4-5 years now, put in for 27 this year from youth to the guided hunts. I have several points for all of these categories...frustrated for sure
                        I'll tell you whats frustrating, guys having 10 years of preference points and finally actually drawing richland creek only to have them cancel it, that is a kick in the nads...
                        Last edited by bossbowman; 10-29-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Got drawn for the E-postcard Feral Hog at Choke Canyon in February. Anybody here done that hunt before? I’m puzzled about why it’s boat-access only, when the deer hunts there in November aren’t.

Comment

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
                            Got drawn for the E-postcard Feral Hog at Choke Canyon in February. Anybody here done that hunt before? I’m puzzled about why it’s boat-access only, when the deer hunts there in November aren’t.
                            Years ago one of my kids got drawn for the youth hog hunt at Daughtry. They use the same check station as Choke and do the orientation there too though it's a different draw. The Choke people there didn't seem to mention boats nor did I see any, couple of them brought hogs back in their trucks to use the cleaning station there.
                            edit: Oh ours were not e-postcard though, maybe that's got you isolated into a different area that's not run through the same methods.
                            Last edited by justletmein; 10-29-2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
                              I thought all the North Shore units were supposed to be boat only as that's the only way to access the unit. I am not sure why the deer hunts in that unit are not listed as boat only as well. Maybe they are shuttling people over? Might be a bunch of angry deer hunters when they show up and can't get out to the unit they got drawn for.

Comment

put in for 21 hunts including epost cards and didn't get drown for anything this year. have 3-4 preference in many categories and up to 7 in a few. a little disappointing, i figured i would have drown at least 1 hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X