How a catfish poacher became big bass king of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How a catfish poacher became big bass king of the world

Here is an interesting read and video that came out yesterday but been many years in the making. It's long, about 9 pages but no click-bait, just a long read about a guy that became the king of trophy big fish in California, really the entire US. This is a bass fishing poacher/cheating documentary.

Comment

Holy cow, that was a long read but well worth it. I went to college in San Diego from 1999-2001 and worked at the Lake Murray Marina. I met Mike Long several times and he was like a movie star in San Diego. There were always rumors that he was a cheat but i chalked it up to jealousy. Seems the rumors were definitely true. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Tagged for later since you warned of the length.

Comment

Wow. The lengths people will go

Comment

Tfl

Comment

This was the story of the day at work today. WELL WORTH THE READ!!!

Comment

Marked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I couldn't stop reading, even when the wife kept giving me dirty looks for not giving her attention. Fascinating story.

Comment

Amazing read and just leaves one scratching his head. What a fraud and all those records should be rescinded.

Comment

Good detailed story! He's just a crook!!!!

Comment

Incredible story. The fact he was able to pull it off for so long with other people on the boat. While many seemed to know, no one had actual proof. Sounds like the money was just a bonus, he was doing most of it just to feed his ego.

Almost like shooting record deer at night on someone else’s place.

Comment

Can’t believe all his records still stand.

Comment

Comment

Wow. What a slimy guy

He needs an arse whippin for intimidating a 13 yr old kid

Comment

Working...
                              X