Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d like see the 2020 build be something like the perfect truck/blind/utility rifle. The last couple builds have been long range hammers. I need a light, compact, everyday rifle. I’m thinking carbon barrel 20” or less in a caliber that is short barrel friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
        I’d like see the 2020 build be something like the perfect truck/blind/utility rifle. The last couple builds have been long range hammers. I need a light, compact, everyday rifle. I’m thinking carbon barrel 20” or less in a caliber that is short barrel friendly.

That is what I have done on the past 2 builds. A 20" 7-08 and a 20" 6.5 CM

Comment

Pretty much describes my Tier 1 from the last build. 7mm-08, 20" carbon proof barrel, topped with a lightweight Swarovski glass.

Comment

I skipped this build cause of the stocks. We didn't want.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of us did that last year.....mine was 20” 308. But I would be all for it again....but I would probably do a longer barrel and 280ai or PRC this time. Lol

Comment

20” carbon on carbon build for me last year

Looking for something similar but in a 300 rather than a 22-250

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                  A lot of us did that last year.....mine was 20” 308. But I would be all for it again....but I would probably do a longer barrel and 280ai or PRC this time. Lol
                  I did the opposite, I went with a 24in 280AI last year and now I'm looking for the shorty.

Comment

100% agree with the above comment. 👍👍

R

Comment

Congrats to everyone that has posted pics(and to the ones who are holding out on us, that we KNOW about)! HaHa.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Robertttttttttttttt

ITs time for the 2020 build idea thread
                        Alright, I'll get a post started.......but you have to throw some ideas out there when I do

Comment

Last year's version could be adapted to fit that criteria pretty well. The shorties actually had an impressive balanced feel for the ones who went that direction. Let's see where it goes this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            Last year's version could be adapted to fit that criteria pretty well. The shorties actually had an impressive balanced feel for the ones who went that direction. Let's see where it goes this year.
                            I agree, last years build could go just about any direction you wanted. I should have ordered two.

Comment

The 2020 TBH/APR Build Planning Thread

New thread for 2020 is up and running!
                              Last edited by Stick1; 12-02-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I’d like to see a shorty/PRS hybrid - defiance action, mid-weight short barrel (18-22”), folding chassis (with custom camo options) and I’m envisioning .22-264 calibers for general Texas use.

Would be a really cool truck gun and compact predator rig.

Comment

Working...
                                X