Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a protein brand that rain won’t clog up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a protein brand that rain won’t clog up?

We started protein last year, free choice gravity tubes stay clogged up , chunks, etc. caused from getting wet. Is there a brand out there that rain won’t effect?

I use Antler Max with rain shield and it does alright. It isn't cheap but I only have one feeder so I deal with it.

Comment

Feed the corn soybeans mix. 17% and no clogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
        Feed the corn soybeans mix. 17% and no clogs

Deer shouldn’t have free choice corn year round. Too much carbs.

Comment

I think L&E makes a protein that is somewhat coated to help with clogging.

Comment

Lone star feed

Comment

I have not had any clogging issues in my free choice protein feeders, and I am feeding L&E.

Comment

I'd think they first thing is to figure out is how water is getting to your protein to clog it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I'd think they first thing is to figure out is how water is getting to your protein to clog it in the first place.

This ^^^^^^.

You can get protein with a moisture barrier on it, but it sounds like your feeder has an issue.

Comment

This.

Protein pellets have moisture in them, they aren’t completely 100% dry in my experience. If the feeder sits out in the hot sun and there is no where for the moisture to leave but down the feed tube, that could be the issue.

Comment

I used to have an old small downspout style (ASF?). When it rained just right the spouts would become wet and protein clogged up. I have a Texas Hunters Product and an ASF with a timer now and don't have the clogging issues.

Comment

No issue with the feeder. It’s an open spout free choice and rain hits it. It has 3 spouts off the tube.

Comment

Working...
                        X