Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Cleat storage wall - GrandPa tribute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that is impressive.

I'd like to think that BOTH of your grandpa's are looking down on you, smiling and proud!

Comment

Nicely done. I’m needing some of that organization stuff mentioned as well. I’ll see if I can find any.

Comment

french cleat

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
        Love a good french cleat wall!

btw the Mikita track saw has some really good reviews. Hold off on festool as long as you can! I started with a domino and now I'm way too deep in green. its cutting into my guns/bow/hunting budget

Hmmm- thank you, I will have to look into that!

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
          Very nice. Particularly like the battery tool storage.
          Hey, thanks! I will have to post more pics - have made more cleats to use. Loving it.

Comment

french cleat

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            Now that is impressive.

I'd like to think that BOTH of your grandpa's are looking down on you, smiling and proud!
            Thank you, appreciate that. Wish my Mom and Dad were still around to see as well. I had fun using three generations of tools - mine, Dad's and GrandPa's.

Comment

French Cleat storage wall updates

Hi Folks, made some updates. Really liking the usabilty and portability of the individual cleats. I have been able to clean out several cabinets of tools and supplies and get them organized. I have two more cabinets to go. Might have to expand again (when the price of lumber comes down!)
              KJ
              Click image for larger version

Name:	French cleat wall.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	24654548

Comment

That level of organization is uncalled for. You should be ashamed of yourself. LOL

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  That level of organization is uncalled for. You should be ashamed of yourself. LOL

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Ha! I can hear my Dad's voice: "I spend more time looking for the tool than what I actually need it for!". No more for me. Plus, I have my High School son using some of the tools. Teaching him to put the tools "home" when he is done. On the down side... I have found that my wife now knows where "drill thingy" is KJ

Comment

I love it

Comment

Thanks a lot man. You just triggered my a nail retentiveness!

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                        I love it
                        Thank you, Sir. I am really enjoying. KJ

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                          Thanks a lot man. You just triggered my a nail retentiveness!
                          Ha! My wife said something similar about the pantry. That my neatness is making her want to re-organize the pantry. KJ

Comment

Originally posted by ktjones View Post
                            Ha! My wife said something similar about the pantry. That my neatness is making her want to re-organize the pantry. KJ
                            when you get her to do her pile of shoes thats when you have accomplished something.

IM glad you bumped this up cause I was thinking about the thread yesterday. I want to do something similar between the roll up doors in my shop

Comment

Awesome job! I put up a French clear system in my barn about 3 months ago and I love it. I’m so much more organized, and I love how I can always rearrange to accommodate any add ons. It’s a great way for me to utilize “scrap” wood also. Other than the actual cleats, I haven’t spent any money making the tool hangers. I make everything out of scrap plywood, 1x’s and 2x’s
                              I have all my small parts bins hanging individually on their own cleats though. I have on shelf system on one wall to hold things I’ve yet to make a mount for. I’ve been wanting to build the power tool holder like you’ve got for some time now.

Comment

I love the set up. Will definitely have to reference this in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X