• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the world turns.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
      Does the neighbor have grounds for a civil suit on top of this state case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      What could he hope to get/gain out of said civil suit?

Comment

Originally posted by Regular7 View Post
        Pressured deer are easy to hunt....at night with a light
        I’ll be danged. Sure enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          What could he hope to get/gain out of said civil suit?
          I wouldnt think there would be grounds for a civil case because the deer is the property of the state. If the dude shot a cow/livestock, maybe. Maybe civil sue for trespass? I dont know that that works either.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Deferred adjudication? So he keeps his nose clean for 2 years and then no record? Can't buy a hunting license during the 2 years? Yep, $53k is a hit, but if I was the judge, probably would have gotten a "no hunting" lifetime sentence too, especially if he is a repeat offender.
            yup. it's sickening that they let him off so easy especially given this.

He has been doing this sort of thing for years. I am glad he got caught and instead of getting the glory from such a magnificent animal he gets all the shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

[emoji23] that may have been his defenders best comment. And terribly wrong lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm like saltwater slick.....I believe in repentance. I just don't understand the "bad judgement" comments. He chose to hunt and shoot that deer illegally for many years. That's not "bad judgement".
                Bad judgement would be like one of us hunters getting ready to climb down out of the tree right after legal sunset and seeing that hoss walk in and you instinctively draw and shoot.
                Or shooting a buck that's just under 13.
                That's bad judgement.
                The restitution is fitting but not the 2 years. 5 years minimum.
                MHO

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  Have to agree. At least the chick in the white jeep is hot.

Look what just pulled up next to me[emoji23]

Comment

for 53k he ought to get visitation rights.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
                      I wouldnt think there would be grounds for a civil case because the deer is the property of the state. If the dude shot a cow/livestock, maybe. Maybe civil sue for trespass? I dont know that that works either.
                      He can absolutely be sued in civil court for trespassing and killing a deer on the owners property. I doubt he will be though, since the owner isn't local.

An attorney friend of mine caught two poachers on his property for the second time. After they pled guilty and paid he sued both of them in civil court for $10,000 each and won.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
                        Well trespassing with a gun is felony trespass, I would think a bow & arrow would not apply though,

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                          He can absolutely be sued in civil court for trespassing and killing a deer on the owners property. I doubt he will be though, since the owner isn't local.

An attorney friend of mine caught two poachers on his property for the second time. After they pled guilty and paid he sued both of them in civil court for $10,000 each and won.
                          Cool. I didn't know. Glad to know you can and win. Money would be about the only thing to keep a poacher in check. 53k or even 10k is a pile of money for most folks.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            Well trespassing with a gun is felony trespass, I would think a bow & arrow would not apply though,
                            Another good point. Wonder if it has to be a gun or any weapon?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

This is misinformation. Just do a search for 278 (and/or 271) and you'll see plenty of posts about it (including the original)...and get an understanding of why the EXCESS of threads and unnecessary "tangents" were deleted.
                              And every one of them is locked.

Comment

I have never posted on a 271 or 278 thread. Just checking in!

Comment

Working...
                                X