Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are out in the country tonight - LOOK UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are out in the country tonight - LOOK UP!

It's the Geminid meteor shower. Last night was too cloudy but the next peak time will be Saturday morning at 2:00am - you may see as many as 40-50 per hour. Viewing conditions will be really good if not perfect across most of Texas. By tonight most of us will have clear skies and the moon will not be bright. (waxing crescent with 32% illumination) Maybe some of you photography buffs can get a nice time-lapse image.
    Last edited by jerp; 12-14-2018, 01:22 PM.

Gonna have to set an alarm. Thanks for the heads up. (no pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      It's the Geminid meteor shower. Last night was too cloudy but the next peak time as will be Saturday morning at 2:00am - you may see as many as 40-50 per hour. Viewing conditions will be really good if not perfect across most of Texas. By tonight most of us will have clear skies and the moon will not be bright. (waxing crescent with 32% illumination) Maybe some of you photography buffs can get a nice time-lapse image.
      That's what I saw last night. Walked out to take a leak on the porch about 11:00 and kept seeing "shooting stars".

Comment

No need for clear or overcast skys. I just got out of the doctor's fooice. And I'm see-n stars.

Comment

Gonna have to set the alarm. My daughter will enjoy it.

Comment

What time does it start?

Comment

It's even better under NVGs.

Comment

Quite a show this morning!

Comment

Working...
                X