No announcement yet.

Chevy 6.0 Reviews. Whose got one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy has this engine figured out. It's been around for decades now. You don't buy it for the gas mileage, more importantly (at least for most) it's for the reliability and power when you need it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
      Sounds like a majority are happy. And I’m leaning towards taking the plunge. My concerns are for longevity as I put 450 miles a week on my truck, I certainly am not racing anyone
      I routinely drive 300-400 a day...it needed landing strip distance to pass an 18 wheeler!! The engine should last but Don't get in a hurry.

Comment

got a 04 with 230k miles. I think it is bullet proof and never had single problem with it

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          I routinely drive 300-400 a day...it needed landing strip distance to pass an 18 wheeler!! The engine should last but Don't get in a hurry.
          Is it really that slow?

What have you had that had Better pickup in the same class?

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I really appreciate it

Comment

Make sure it has 4:10 differential ratio. The ones with 3:73 ratio will work harder pulling a load.

Comment

'01 with 278K still runs great, no major problems.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s not horribly slow unloaded. I had enough emails from my company verifying that they thought it was fast enough with a trailer it’s pretty slow though.

Comment

I’ve got a ‘16 with 42k and am very pleased with it so far. 15-16 on the highway and 10-12 pulling stuff.

Comment

I have a 17 GMC 2500 with the 6.0 with 24,000 miles. It has never shown better than about 11 mpg empty but I have had no issues at all and it has plenty of power

Comment

Have an 18 and happy with it. Fast enough for me and purchased because I hope to get 15 years and 250k hard miles out of it. Lots of old threads on this and that seems to be the norm for these trucks.

Comment

I have an 04 GMC with 250,000+ miles on it and the only "major" repair was having the front end rebuilt about 1,000 miles ago but the roads around here are really rough so it has had a hard life. I also have a 2017 GMC. Zero problems with it. I do haul a stock trailer some. Never had any issues or complaints.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
                            I’ve got a ‘16 with 42k and am very pleased with it so far. 15-16 on the highway and 10-12 pulling stuff.
                            I got a 17 and get the exact same mileage. I really like mine and have no problem with power. I can pull a 31 ft travel trailer or my 75 hp tractor with no issue. Them big hills on I10 by Kerrville does make its guts hang out of the tailpipe but I can maintain 65-70 mph going up them and thats plenty fast, unless I get hung behind a tractor trailer.
                            Last edited by Radar; 12-14-2018, 07:26 AM.

Comment

have a 2004 with 153K on it. burns some oil. but, just straight works, knock on wood.

Comment

the 6.0 to me is not my first pick . With that said the 5.3 is a gutless little wonder in a truck the 6.2 has been in the older tahoe Escaldes but not in the 2500

The 6.0 has like 360 tq Just about every gas engine out there for a 2500 has more tq and hp Tq is your pulling power .

I think the brand new trucks have the 6.2 its odd you can get it in a 1/2 truck but not a 2500 .

I had the 6,2 in my Escalde and that thing would flat shag ^ss enough to light all four tires as its all wheel drive , Yes I hot rodded the silly thing in the end it got a pro charger on it HA HA ( type of super charger ) .

If your towing I would look at another truck to be honest . Its about TQ and the 6.0 is bottom of the barrel and i am a GM fan

Engine wise the LS engines are very tough though,

I wanted to list specs on other gas engines but you said you want just the 6.0 . So you will get poor towing and poor MPG engine life is great .

I had one and it was short lived first time towing a small flat bed and stuck in the right lane for too long and it could not get out and around I knew time to sell it .
                                Last edited by HDWRENCH; 12-14-2018, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X