Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Good deal!

Will you be around the shop on Thursday probably around lunch, maybe a little after? I'm coming to Ft. Worth for a funeral and would love to come by and see the place, meet you, and have a look at some of the items your using for the build. If my Christensen that y'all are bedding is ready I could pick it up to save the shipping as well, if not no worries.
    Come on down........or, up as it may be. We'll have it ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
      1. 6.5 PRC
      2. 7mm 08
      3. 6.5CM

Lol those are my top 3 in order
      If I was smart then i would have done a 6.5 prc in the tier 1 build. I have one from them that is the more heavier ranger version and it is a freaking shooting stick. Here is a target I shot with factory 147 eldm at 500 yards.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        Come on down........or, up as it may be. We'll have it ready to go.

I sent you a PM while you were out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, here is the official recap as promised. Interesting numbers to say the least. The top 5 cartridges accounted for about 75% of the total builds ordered this time! 10 other cartridges made up the remaining 25%. There were a total of 98 orders placed.

Top 5:
          #1 - 6.5 PRC @ 27.5%
          #2 - 300 Win Mag @ 14.25%
          #3 - 6.5 CM @ 13.25%
          #4 - 7-08 @ 10.25%
          #5 - 28 Nosler @ 9.25%

Lessons learned this time so far - Put a hard cap on quantities! Haha. While we greatly appreciate the opportunity to do this and for each and every person who participated in it, we will probably cap it at 50 next go round and only keep it open for a week.

Our intention with this has always been to give our TBH community the "friends and family deal" as a way to say thanks for all of your support over the past few years, but this year it started feeling a little different towards the end. It became pretty obvious that folks started joining the site just to take advantage of the deal.......which I don't think is fair to the site. Hopefully most of those folks will stick around and become regular contributors and get to know this place, know us and how different it really is from all of the other forums. I think leaving it open for 3 weeks contributed to that by giving it time to leak out on to all of the other sites and it kind of snowballed from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about any of it - I just don't want to lose the spirit of what this thing is about and who it is intended to serve.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this year's TBH special! Hope you guys flood this forum and our FB page with LDP's and tiny groups when these builds start to deliver in a few months.

Thanks,
          Robert
          Alamo Precision Rifles

Comment

Fifo?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              I sent you a PM while you were out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Sent a reply.

Comment

Well, here is the official recap as promised. Interesting numbers to say the least. The top 5 cartridges accounted for about 75% of the total builds ordered this time! 10 other cartridges made up the remaining 25%. There were a total of 98 orders placed.

Top 5:
                #1 - 6.5 PRC @ 27.5%
                #3 - 6.5 CM @ 13.25%
                #4 - 7-08 @ 10.25%
                #5 - 28 Nosler @ 9.25%

Lessons learned this time so far - Put a hard cap on quantities! Haha. While we greatly appreciate the opportunity to do this and for each and every person who participated in it, we will probably cap it at 50 next go round and only keep it open for a week.

Our intention with this has always been to give our TBH community the "friends and family deal" as a way to say thanks for all of your support over the past few years, but this year it started feeling a little different towards the end. It became pretty obvious that folks started joining the site just to take advantage of the deal.......which I don't think is fair to the site. Hopefully most of those folks will stick around and become regular contributors and get to know this place, know us and how different it really is from all of the other forums. I think leaving it open for 3 weeks contributed to that by giving it time to leak out on to all of the other sites and it kind of snowballed from there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about any of it - I just don't want to lose the spirit of what this thing is about and who it is intended to serve.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this year's TBH special! Hope you guys flood this forum and our FB page with LDP's and tiny groups when these builds start to deliver in a few months.

Thanks,
                Robert
                Alamo Precision Rifles
                Dang, that's a shame people took advantage. I am sure this puts extra stress on your people and equipment. Add to that, the price is well under the going rate and its clear this is a huge benefit to us as TBHr's. I really appreciate it and I am very much looking forward to my new rifle. Thank you Robert and thank you APR!

I'll bet you guys can come up with a way to weed out those who would take advantage next go-round. Maybe require a TBH screenname and verify that person has been a member for x amount of time or has posted x number of posts.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for doing this! Pretty amazing deal you offered! I cant imagine how much time and effort it took taking all the orders and answering questions. Not to mention the work its going to take filling them! Im a New member that appreciates the equal opportunity! Have really enjoyed the site and look forward to contributing where I can. Can't wait to get the guns and hopefully have more built by APR down the road!

Thanks again,
                  Jarek

Comment

Top 5:
                    #1 - 6.5 PRC @ 27.5%
                    #3 - 6.5 CM @ 13.25%
                    #4 - 7-08 @ 10.25%
                    #5 - 28 Nosler @ 9.25%

Thanks,
                    Robert
                    Alamo Precision Rifles
                    We appreciate you doing this for us, and I am beyond excited to see what this turns out like.

I would have never thought there would be that many creedmoors still being built.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                      Dang, that's a shame people took advantage.
                      I don't think they did. It really falls back on us for not being more specific on the requirements. We couldn't really change the rules or cap the numbers after the fact. That wouldn't have been right either. Nobody is upset and we are happy to have new customers. We just don't want it to jump the rails again on the next one. I want this to always be a TBH deal for TBH members. This place is just kind of "home" for us. There are some really good folks here.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                        I would have never thought there would be that many creedmoors still being built.
                        I think the numbers are down here because so many built them last year. Trust me when I say that our CM numbers coming from everywhere else have not slowed down even a little bit. I think they are actually growing! I'm kind of surprised there were so few 6mm in the mix this year.

Comment

I think the 6.5 PRC guys are going to be happy on this one. We just got back from an aoudad trip and used it on 6 critters. I checked the rifle when we got there on a white spot about the size of a brick on a cliff face at a lazered 1,104 yards. First shot hit the spot. Second confirmation shot was right there with it. Factory ammo = easy button! That said, just like the CM there was a significant difference between lots. Some lots are much better than others, but they all seem to be pretty decent.

Comment

Like others have said, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to Robert and APR! I can't wait to get my new custom rifle. Heck I get excited just saying it. Lol we really do appreciate the amazing deal you do for your TBH family and this really is a family here. I couldn't swing the last TBH build financially but as soon as you mentioned doing another this year I started saving! So excited I got to be apart of it this time!

Comment

I think the 6.5 PRC guys are going to be happy on this one. We just got back from an aoudad trip and used it on 6 critters. I checked the rifle when we got there on a white spot about the size of a brick on a cliff face at a lazered 1,104 yards. First shot hit the spot. Second confirmation shot was right there with it. Factory ammo = easy button! That said, just like the CM there was a significant difference between lots. Some lots are much better than others, but they all seem to be pretty decent.
                              The 6.5 PRC is intriguing, but I don't think I'm quite ready to turn in my .264 Win Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                                The 6.5 PRC is intriguing, but I don't think I'm quite ready to turn in my .264 Win Mag.
                                It will never replace the KING of 6.5's. But it will offer an alternative for those who are scared to try it

Comment

Working...
                                X