Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i've stuck with it pretty good since starting again in late August. Strength is coming along (for the most part) and i've lost 12 pounds and dropped a pants size. I have to say, i feel so good it makes me sick that I ever stopped in the first place. I've mainly been doing weights with a focus on compound lifts, but am going to start adding in some other stuff this month. I plan on actually dieting after the Holiday season. My current diet plan is eat as much and whatever I want as long as it's whole food .

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Well i've stuck with it pretty good since starting again in late August. Strength is coming along (for the most part) and i've lost 12 pounds and dropped a pants size. I have to say, i feel so good it makes me sick that I ever stopped in the first place. I've mainly been doing weights with a focus on compound lifts, but am going to start adding in some other stuff this month. I plan on actually dieting after the Holiday season. My current diet plan is eat as much and whatever I want as long as it's whole food .
      Congratulations on the weight loss!

HAHAHAHAHA! My "diet" is a see food diet. I see it and then eat it! I'm trying to keep the carbs as low as possible, but that's really hard this time of year. Surprisingly enough I'm down 8 pounds roughly in the last 2 months. I'm trying to incorporate some cardio intervals between sets using the bicycle and the treadmill. I can't run anymore since my hip replacement so I gotta do something.

Chest day today. Treadmill and bicycle warmup with incline DB fly/press combo to get the chest fired up. Then 3X8-10 and finished with a strip set. I'm gonna feel this one tomorrow.

Bench press
      Seated wide grip chest press
      Incline bilateral chest press
      Inverse grip chest press
      Pushups
      Incline situp/cable rotations/ab roller

Comment

Man I have absolutely sucked the last 2 days!

I cant remember turning off either of my alarms both days and have missed working out..........

Tomorrow Ill be back at it and aiming for legs and core. Might try and get in a jog this evening if I get home at a decent time.

Clay C- Great to hear!

Comment

I didn't make it today. I didn't sleep well at all. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            I didn't make it today. I didn't sleep well at all. I'll try again tomorrow.
            I almost turned my alarm off and went back to sleep when it woke me up at 4:30. The only thing that made me get my butt up was knowing that my girlfriend would kill me if ran late at the gym this evening and kept her birthday dinner waiting. The fact that her present is a gun was even more motivating .

Comment

Arm day today. 5X8-10 supersets.

Comment

Legs was Friday
                Yesterday was back
                Currently walking in for cardio and core

Comment

The 11 mile run last week threw my entire week off. Took an extra rest day Wednesday. 9 mile on Thursday kinda sucked, but yesterday’s 25/2 brick went great and I ran a personal best 8 mile this morning. Easy week by design this week, then the final push to get ready for the half marathon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Walking in for legs and a short chest routine

Comment

A good gym day. After all of the frustration of dealing with an insurance company, my step daughter's surgery and missing probably the best weekend of the season as far as the rut goes in west Texas, I needed this morning. LOL!

I did a timed program that I've done in the past, but haven't done in quite some time. Chest and back and either a specific number of reps or max reps for time.

Body weight pullups- Max reps in 5 minutes. 15 seconds between sets. I got 45
                      Bench press-max reps in 4 minutes. 15 seconds rest. I don't remember my number
                      V-bar body weight pullups. 50 reps in 4 minutes. 15 seconds rest. I got 45
                      Incline DB press. 50 reps in 4 minutes. 15 seconds rest. I got 60
                      Push-ups. Max reps in 3 minutes 15 seconds rest between sets. I was pretty much toast by this time. I only got 50 where I used to get 75-100.

I've got some work to do.

Legs and shoulders tomorrow.

Comment

Today was a short cardio and core routine.

20 mins of stairs

Tire flips SS with Mason twist with kicks (I honestly have no idea what they are called), scissors, and cable crunches. All x4 (no rest between any sets)

30 sec high knees SS with hanging leg raises, regular mason twist, V ups, and weighted toe touches all X4 and no rest.

All in all was 40 mins with 510 cals and a average BPM of 149.

Comment

I missed yesterday's gym AND work. I woke up feeling like I was coming down with the flu or something. Scratchy throat, head pounding, achy and snot running like an open faucet. With the exception of about 2 hours I slept ALL day yesterday. I got up long enough to eat dinner and then went back to bed.

I got all that sleep yesterday and what happens? I wake up at 0230 that's what happens! I flip flopped around until 0415 when the alarm went off and decided I felt well enough for the gym.

Shoulders and legs this morning. I kept it kinda light since I was sick yesterday and my shoulder is just now feeling better from some kind of injury a couple of months ago. 3X8-10 supersets

Military press/leg extension
                          Lateral raise/hack squat
                          Dead lift/upright row
                          Rear delt cable pull/ball slam
                          Incline situp/ab roller/ball crunch

Comment

Slept in today.... But i was due for a rest day anyways.

Might do a run this evening though.

Comment

Still feeling the effects of whatever crud it is that I've got, but I went anyway. Kept it kinda on the light side to crank out some reps. Chest and bicep supersets 3x10-12

Bench press/DB curl
                              Incline DB press/preacher curl- I hit every setting on the incline bench all the way to flat
                              Wide grip seated chest press/BB curl
                              Cable fly/overhead cable curl
                              Incline situp/ab roller

Comment

Gotta get back to it, but it's that time of year. Staying active at work and doing the yard and farm stuff, but I can tell I'm loosing the progress I've made. Y'all hold it down for me, I'll be back soon hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X