Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM   #101
DedDuk
Four Point

Hunt In: East and West TX

If you do 0% interest you will lose all the dealer incentives. I financed through Ford for additional incentives, then went home and refinanced through my credit union for below 3%. Shop and call lots of places. The price difference from dealer to dealer is a lot. I found the best price at Planet Ford in Spring, TX.
DedDuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM   #102
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedDuk View Post
If you do 0% interest you will lose all the dealer incentives. I financed through Ford for additional incentives, then went home and refinanced through my credit union for below 3%. Shop and call lots of places. The price difference from dealer to dealer is a lot. I found the best price at Planet Ford in Spring, TX.
Good info. Noted
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM   #103
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Thanks for all the input fellas. Looks like overwhelming good reviews and experiences.

Sounds like to me my best beat would be a 5.0, V8 with 10 speed transmission and a towing package if I plan on pulling an RV..
If not pulling much sounds like any of engines will do with 3.55 rear end.

From what I ve looked at so far buying new will only be 2-3 k more than buying used. Probably save that much in interest over the life of the loan and have the full warranty..

Be looking for a 19 end of the year close out deal with maybe 0% interest. If yall know a TBH Ford salesman let me know!

Thanks again

The 5.0 is a great engine but the Ecoboost is a towing machine. The 5.0 will not hang with it towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM   #104
SlockMania
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: East Texas, Panhandle

I’d stay away from the 2019 5.0. Do some research and it will show people having to have the engines replaced because they are burning up. Something to do with the new way they made them. Do a quick google search and you’ll see what I’m talking about, part of the reason they have so many left on the lots. I’d go with the 3.5 in a brand new one personally. But then again anything that happens to it will be covered under warranty. When I was doing my research I found that the 5.0’s were good up to 18, everyone recommended the 3.5 for the 19’s.

If your into the DFW metroplex I got the best pricing from 5 star ford. Tell them your a Car Pro listener and they’ll pretty much give you fleet pricing. Go to Car Pro USA website and find a certified dealer, they make the process super easy buying a new vehicle. I set my dad up with the Toyota dealer here in town and he saved around 5k by going through them vs the dealer in Abilene.
SlockMania is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #105
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wilbarger county U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
The 5.0 is a great engine but the Ecoboost is a towing machine. The 5.0 will not hang with it towing.

Dang it Mike. Ok with the 3.5 or 2.7?
Towing package?
3.55 rear end?
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM   #106
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4? Talk me out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Dang it Mike. Ok with the 3.5 or 2.7?

Towing package?

3.55 rear end?

I may have missed it but how much will you be towing and how often?

I’m not up to speed on the specific ratios available but with a 10 speed transmission available I would lean toward the lowest ratio available if you are towing heavy’ish and often.

Get the 3.5. The 2.7 is a surprising overachiever but when hooked to weight the 3.5 is king.

One other thing, if you are used to driving a diesel with the low end torque you’ll likely be disappointed with having to rev the 5.0 to 4,000 rpm plus to climb hills when towing. The Ecoboost has a lot of low end torque and feels almost diesel like to me.

Last edited by Mike D; Yesterday at 10:29 AM.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM   #107
Blitz
Four Point

As a CDL driver for the last 20 years I will say this. You always want more than you need to pull something. Its not just pulling it down the road and getting good mpg's in good conditions. Its when things go south you notice. Wind, flat tires, etc. Unfortunately, we live in a time when people want "just enough". Its always better to have more than enough.
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM   #108
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

I have a 2018 4X4 with the 5.0 V8 and get 17-18 all day long, city driving. I have a lead foot as well.

I hear of issues with the Eco-Boost timing chain.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM   #109
KyleW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gordon TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
I have a 2018 4X4 with the 5.0 V8 and get 17-18 all day long, city driving. I have a lead foot as well.

I hear of issues with the Eco-Boost timing chain.
Hand calculated or computer calculated?
KyleW is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM   #110
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

Haven’t reset one of the readings since the beginning. It’s reading 18.3 mpg. Factory wheels/tires.

Last edited by Greenheadless; Yesterday at 11:46 AM.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #111
popo1984
Eight Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-O View Post
I drive a 14 F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost and max tow package, 7 lug axle, for work. It gets 18 mpg average with mainly highway miles and has had nothing done to it with 141,00 miles. It pulls a 100 Kw generator with a full fuel tank no problem and has plenty of power to get out into traffic towing. Towing the mileage drops down to 13-14 which matches my 05 GMC 2500 with a 6.0 empty. As someone mentioned the whirling of the turbo is annoying, and there is a hesitation if you try to punch it like a normal motor. A smooth push on the accelerator allowing the turbos to kick in gives a smooth quick acceleration.

With the seven lug rear axle is that the max payload package with 3.73 gears?
popo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #112
BuckSmasher
Ten Point

Hunt In: All Over

This. Eco has so much more torque.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
BuckSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Today, 09:40 AM   #113
Miketex2016
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Stalker View Post
Is the oil pan accessible from underneath the truck to replace or is it like my f250 where you have to take the cab off and pull the motor?

It’s accessible from underneath.
Miketex2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top