Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of north texas 3rd annual thread..second edition!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    Forgot to post in our area thread. As we say at our place. We totally dumb Arsed into this one. Story in my other thread. No history with him at all. 27 7/8 inside. We were blown away!
    Very cool buck Dave, love the wide ones! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      I heard you pulled off a 300 yard running shot off hand, was you going for a Hail Mary or did you have that shot in your bag ? We are here now, almost needed a boat to get back to the house .
      It was only 275 Hail Mary for sure!! I cant shoot for nothing. Pure luck id say. But I sure am glad I was lucky.

Comment

Always better to be lucky rather than good!

Comment

More success!

My grandson Micheal got it done Saturday morning after th e fog burned off. He made a 265 yard shot on this buck. He also got a hog and a coon that evening.
          Attached Files

Comment

Man, i'd hate to be the next wide antlered buck that crosses you boys path. Congratulations.

Comment

I sure thought our area would produce a lot more deer this year. You guys must be holding out Intel and LDPs. I hope after this lock down phase and second rut the big boys come out of hiding.

Comment

Congrats to you and your Grandson. How old do reckon that wide one was?

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
                  Congrats to you and your Grandson. How old do reckon that wide one was?
                  Thanks! Here's his jaw. I hope 6 or more. It doesn't matter I guess. I'd shoot him again if I knew for a fact he was 3 or 4. Once in a lifetime for me on spread.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What a difference a few weeks can make. I've got pictures of three deer, any one of which, i'd be very proud to take with my bow. I'm pretty much committed to the bow this season.

Well the deer in the top pics showed up friday night. He is, we was, a really wide framed deer. He shows up, i'm good to go, and lo and behold his whole right beam has been snapped off at the skull. Typical luck.

The buck in the lower pic is my white whale. He showed up when i was one my way to Winstar to see John Cleese last Saturday. I doubt i would've been on the tripod at 11:30 a.m., but hey, maybe.

Oh well, the quest continues...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Those sure are nice bucks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang Mike that's a shame. I haven't been in 10 days. I haven't seen any broken up bucks yet. It will be interesting to see how many are busted up next trip.
                        The white whale looks like a hoss!

Comment

We've got a bunch of broken up deer. Lot's of lost weight as well. That deer that got broke off was pretty thin antlered. That fact that he is broken doesn't surprise me. But that he got snapped off at the skull, wow. We had pictures of a heavy antlered 8 pt earlier in the season. Really big, heavy deer. I figure he's probably the one that snapped him off. Who knows?

Yeah, the white whale is something. Hopefully we cross paths...

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
                            [ATTACH]980895[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]980896[/ATTACH]
                            Congrats,nice deer indeed.........but that's not unusual at all in Baylor County.I've seen lots of dandy's this year just off 277.I pass thru quite frequently going back and forth to Wichita Falls

Comment

had one of the most incredible evenings of deer watching I have ever experienced Monday evening driving home from my sons basketball game in Vernon through the Wagg. ranch south of Vernon. 10-12 bucks over 150" and 4 bucks that I would say were every bit of 170". If I lived within 30 miles of that place I would be useless every single evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                                had one of the most incredible evenings of deer watching I have ever experienced Monday evening driving home from my sons basketball game in Vernon through the Wagg. ranch south of Vernon. 10-12 bucks over 150" and 4 bucks that I would say were every bit of 170". If I lived within 30 miles of that place I would be useless every single evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X