No announcement yet.

Can I legally shoot a drone down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(came from the direction of my house) Better ask the wife first before you shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      Absolutely but this PJO quote comes to mind....

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damñ well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
      P. J. O'Rourke
      Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
        Don’t worry it’s just Hillary Clinton looking for her lost Cat .
        Attached Files

Comment

Surely there is some bird that is in season right now.

Shot at a bird, hit a drone.

Oops, stuff happens.

Comment

My ignorant guess is ya better be ready to Pay a Lawyer...either legal to or not to...as for loads bird shot has way more shot than Buck shot...and remember theirs laws against shooting into air...yea I know I bird hunt Too Whatever you do CYA and good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Northeaster View Post
              Get your wife to sunbathe topless - then knock it down when it comes over and I think your case would be STRONG.
              Depends on the wife, some may scare it off

Comment

How about this. You buy you a drone and buy insurance on it. The next time the spy drone comes over your house, fly your drone into the spy drone and crash both of them. You didn't shoot it down. You just don't know how to fly your new toy and accidents happen.

Comment

What Drone ??

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    Twice in the last couple weeks I have had one of the 4 propeller type drones with camera fly around my place. My place is long and narrow with the house toward the back and the welding shop in the front. A fellow TBHer that works out of my shop seen it the first time. He seen it come from the direction of my house, hover around the shop, mover over my metal pile and then head off across the highway. Today, the same person and a good friend, saw it again and it came from the direction of my house, hovered around the welding shop, moved across the road and then went down the road out of sight. They both agreed that it only left the shop area after they went out and looked up at it. That seemed to be what happened the first time as well.

I don't like this at all and feel some one may be casing my stuff to come back and steal some thing. Would I be in the right to shoot it down?
                    I would not worry about legality, keep a 12 ga. handy. If one shows back up, shoot it down. Then see if someone has the balls to show up and try to get it back. Then you know who is on the other end.

Comment

Working...
                    X