Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Rate the Day Lease

Old 04-22-2019, 12:30 PM   #51
pittdog33
Nubbin' Buck

I don't have enough posts here yet to pm you but I went ahead and reserved waver again for this year.
pittdog33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-02-2019, 10:37 PM   #52
SolocamShooter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

Y’all see where they’re hiking the prices up for second half of the season?
SolocamShooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2019, 02:39 PM   #53
pittdog33
Nubbin' Buck

Raised the prices in December and January but cutting back hunters by 20%.
pittdog33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #54
zkrolczyk95
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: East Texas
Default Success?

Did anyone have success this past season at brushy hill?
zkrolczyk95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-04-2019, 07:34 PM   #55
Carta Valley
Four Point

Hunt In: Val Verde & Brooks Counties

I'm hunting Hog Heaven Pasture 12/20 - 12/24. Looking forward to my fist time there.
Carta Valley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 01:06 PM   #56
Tdurham15
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Hardin county

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrolczyk95 View Post
Did anyone have success this past season at brushy hill?
Had a group go mid November and deer were everywhere! Brushy hills is no walk in the park hunt but last year was brutal with all the rain the deer were just to unpredictable to lock down. Going back in January and looking forward to it with the lack of rain this year and everything already dying off should have deer searching for food sources and bringing them out of the thick!
Tdurham15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #57
Smvjr1
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: All over Texas

A buddy of mine and I will be there next week. Everything I am hearing is that the deer are moving good this year. You are right last year with all the rain it was tough hunting and even without the rain Brushy Hill is absolutely no walk in the park. This will be our third straight year going out there. Have seen good bucks every year, just haven't been able to close the deal. Hopefully this will be the year. Either way, it will be a great time out at Brushy Hill. Pete and Ava are always the best!
Smvjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 09:11 PM   #58
Tdurham15
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smvjr1 View Post
A buddy of mine and I will be there next week. Everything I am hearing is that the deer are moving good this year. You are right last year with all the rain it was tough hunting and even without the rain Brushy Hill is absolutely no walk in the park. This will be our third straight year going out there. Have seen good bucks every year, just haven't been able to close the deal. Hopefully this will be the year. Either way, it will be a great time out at Brushy Hill. Pete and Ava are always the best!
Good luck to y’all and if you could update me how y’all did and how the deer were acting while y’all were there I’d really appreciate!
Old 12-16-2019, 06:35 PM   #59
Bish
Ten Point

Daughter and I and a good friend was there last year in Mid Nov., daughter was only one to score on a doe.

God Bless
Bish
Attached Images

Bish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #60
Tdurham15
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post
Daughter and I and a good friend was there last year in Mid Nov., daughter was only one to score on a doe.

God Bless
Bish
That’s better than most did last year out there. This year, from what Iv heard, has been a lot better as far as seeing plenty of deer and have taken some pretty good bucks this year. Congrats on the doe. It’s meat in on the table
Old 12-23-2019, 09:19 AM   #61
Tdurham15
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
How did y’all hunt go?
Old 12-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #62
Tdurham15
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carta Valley View Post
I'm hunting Hog Heaven Pasture 12/20 - 12/24. Looking forward to my fist time there.
Just seen where they posted a nice 145 10 point shot out of hog heaven pasture this weekend. Was that you?
Old 12-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #63
Smvjr1
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: All over Texas

We saw a lot of young bucks all week. Thursday evening I had a really really nice 8 pt at 17 yards with his head down eating my hand corn. I all but drew back on him when that little guy on my shoulder told me to make sure he made 14" inside. I knew he was very close so I listened to that little voice until I could judge his width properly. Glad I did. After a good look, I judged him to be around 13". That little voice saved me $1000 replacement fee. Still a great hunt. The weather was perfect. The place is covered up with hogs this year. Good luck to all that are still scheduled to go out. Have a great hunt and be safe.
Smvjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-23-2019, 04:16 PM   #64
KactusKiller
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion co, Navarro Co

They have killed several good deer this yr, good luck to all
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #65
Tdurham15
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
We saw a lot of young bucks all week. Thursday evening I had a really really nice 8 pt at 17 yards with his head down eating my hand corn. I all but drew back on him when that little guy on my shoulder told me to make sure he made 14" inside. I knew he was very close so I listened to that little voice until I could judge his width properly. Glad I did. After a good look, I judged him to be around 13". That little voice saved me $1000 replacement fee. Still a great hunt. The weather was perfect. The place is covered up with hogs this year. Good luck to all that are still scheduled to go out. Have a great hunt and be safe.
Thanks for the update! We hunt next Thursday-Monday. Always look forward to going out there!