No announcement yet.

Grapevine Lake draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure is quiet on here for the middle of rut.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
      Sure is quiet on here for the middle of rut.
      I haven't been out this week. I went on private land so I could gun hunt with a buddy.

I'm still having problems with access and location. I have only been hunting close to the road off bobcat.

Is the water still covering all everything?

Comment

Good luck to everyone this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnkey View Post
          I haven't been out this week. I went on private land so I could gun hunt with a buddy.

I'm still having problems with access and location. I have only been hunting close to the road off bobcat.

Is the water still covering all everything?
          It looks like it's still 10' above normal, so yes it's still covering most of the land to the east and west of 377.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
            Good luck to everyone this morning.
            I opted out this morning. Needed to catch up around the house today, before heading out of town.

Comment

I will be out there tomorrow and hopefully Friday too. Hoping we see some mid day activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven1113 View Post
                I will be out there tomorrow and hopefully Friday too. Hoping we see some mid day activity.
                Good luck to you. I will be out there Thursday- Saturday.

Comment

I've had some good sits and some not so good sits out there. Haven't seen any chasing yet, but somethings that has to be the right place at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                    I've had some good sits and some not so good sits out there. Haven't seen any chasing yet, but somethings that has to be the right place at the right time.
                    Almost 2 weeks out there and I put my eyes on only 2 shooters. I passed a spike 3 days ago and a dink wide 8 the week before. Only saw chasing on 1 morning sit. The entire east side was under water so long it's a messs. I had to leave cameras that I couldn't get to. The bucks seemed to be moving along the waters edges as it was receding. That's what the sign was showing and we visibly witnessed several sits. I ran out of time. Back in Houston now to start a new project and I'll be back in a few more weeks to spend another week in there. Never say DIE

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

From what has been posted, the park on the Flower Mound side is covered up in toads. I'm guessing they are trapped over there. This photo was posted this morning.

Please note: This area is a no hunt zone and I would be caught over there in camo.

Comment

How is the squirrel hunting? I am new to hunting lake grapevine and I did not put in for the deer draw but I plan on putting in next year? I am just itching to do some hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Squirrels are heavily populated. Not sure if they have any general permits left, but can't hurt to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Atg View Post
                            How is the squirrel hunting? I am new to hunting lake grapevine and I did not put in for the deer draw but I plan on putting in next year? I am just itching to do some hunting.

You need a general hunting permit to hunt anything I believe. You can pick it up at the core office. Just like the deer. NO SQUIRRELS AT THE VINE EITHER. Try Tawakoni for SQUIRRELS

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                              You need a general hunting permit to hunt anything I believe. You can pick it up at the core office. Just like the deer. NO SQUIRRELS AT THE VINE EITHER. Try Tawakoni for SQUIRRELS

I've buried a few squirrel hunters out there.

Comment

Picked up a general permit yesterday. Interesting to here about the deer hunting this year. I hunted last weekend on property around Burnet Texas. The deer simply were not moving. Only saw does over three days.

Comment

Working...
                                X