More money, more problems.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More money, more problems.....

I just heard this saying. What does that mean and who in the world thought of it? It seems like a saying created by a poor person that never plans on having money and they want to feel good about it. I've never heard a rich guy complain about having too much money. Seems like every rich person I've ever met was worried about saving money. Why would someone want to save something that causes problems?

Rich guys, how do you feel about it?

Poor guys, what do you think? Since I fall under this category I'd like to start out by saying, I've dealt with problems before. A few more wouldn't kill me.

It actually seems like a majority of the problems I've had could have easily been fixed with money now that I think about it. I think someone else got the life I was supposed to have. There must've been a mix up somewhere.

Comment

The things I have seen in my profession. More money equals more toys, houses, boats, cars………they always have something breaking therefore they are always having to fix them which cost them more money which in return leads to more problems. Don’t know that it’s all about the “rich”. Just more possessions from having more money.

Comment

I always reply....let me try it and ill let you know

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
          The things I have seen in my profession. More money equals more toys, houses, boats, cars………they always have something breaking therefore they are always having to fix them which cost them more money which in return leads to more problems. Don’t know that it’s all about the “rich”. Just more possessions from having more money.
          That makes sense. But it still sounds pretty fun. Versus having one vehicle that breaks down and you have to get a ride to work until it's fixed. That kinda stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            I always reply....let me try it and ill let you know
            That's what I was thinkin. I wouldn't mind trying it out for at least a week or two.

Comment

I think of that saying more in the context of, “money can’t buy happiness.” It can ruin family relations, marriages, friendships, etc if mismanaged or prioritized over more important things.

Comment

It’s also a biblical concept.

“The ransom of a man’s life is his wealth, but a poor man hears no threat.”
                **Proverbs‬ *13:8‬ *ESV‬‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When it comes to the expression “more money more problems” I think about when people have more money family members and friends try to use them for their money and often times just by having money it can create drama with siblings, parents, etc… often times if you don’t have the money to help or change something then it’s an easy answer, if you do have plenty of money to help out then often times it can lead to problems. I definitely think this expression comes true at times.

Comment

Money is the remedy for and the cause of many problems, it’s more fun fixing problems than doing without imo .

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                      I think of that saying more in the context of, “money can’t buy happiness.” It can ruin family relations, marriages, friendships, etc if mismanaged or prioritized over more important things.
                      I feel like the same thing could happen at my house when I say things like "Man it's getting hot outside." Then I open up windows and doors so it's not so hot inside. Luckily I'm not married. Nothin worse than a grumpy woman when it's hot.

Comment

Ma$e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

either your gonna control the money or it`s gonna control you , if that makes any since to ya .i`ve seen it happin both ways . seen money make better people outta some and seem it make rotten miserable people otta outhers .

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                            When it comes to the expression “more money more problems” I think about when people have more money family members and friends try to use them for their money and often times just by having money it can create drama with siblings, parents, etc… often times if you don’t have the money to help or change something then it’s an easy answer, if you do have plenty of money to help out then often times it can lead to problems. I definitely think this expression comes true at times.
                            Oh yeah I can see that happening. Which makes me think some rich guy got swapped with me at birth. Most of my family don't talk to me anyways so that sounds perfect. I think there would be a mutual understanding right out of the gate that they weren't welcome over to my nice house. They don't even stop in and knock on the door to my double wide.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 05-14-2022, 06:57 AM.

Comment

The short answer is yes more money creates more problems. Two years ago I figured out how to double or triple the size of my company. I decided uh no - dealing with enough fires on my plate...

Comment

Working...
                              X