Sany mini excavators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sany mini excavators

Anybody ever ran or owned one? Warranty seems pretty good. 5 year 5k hours. Dealer close to me says they have loaner units available and if you break down in the field they will sent a truck out at no cost. I'm tempted.

Nimble, powerful and reliable, the SY26U mini excavator is perfect for tackling work in narrow or confined spaces. Discover the power of SANY excavators.

I tend to be a little leery with off brand equipment. Especially at that cost.
    Hopefully Curt will see this and have better info for you.

Comment

Read quite a bit about them. No first hand experince with that brand. I think they are just like everything else imported. Truthfully they are all a crap shoot nowdays.I know they are starting to shake the trees tho. I see them starting to pop up more often.

You might look at a Takehuchi or Yanmar as ive heard good things about both of those brands in the mini-midi range.

Comment

We were looking at one of the 26 units due to the trouble of getting Deere right now. I only know one guy that has operated a Sany. Larger size, like an 85, but he likes it. Getting parts and warranty work done would be my main questions before I bought one.

Comment

Are you buying this to put it to work? or just piddling around your place?

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            Are you buying this to put it to work? or just piddling around your place?
            Mainly to use around my place. I have some drainage problems and would like to get a few more culverts installed and finish building my road. My schedule is unpredictable so renting isn't an option for me. I can get this Sany for 32k drive out with a thumb installed. I see used bobcats and catepillar in the same size for only a few thousand less.

Comment

An old employee of mine works for them. He has a large area that he is responsible for. He goes out to clients who purchase Sanys and does training on the equipment. He loves his job and he believes in their product. He has ran multiple equipment rental places so he’s been around all the brands. I hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                Mainly to use around my place. I have some drainage problems and would like to get a few more culverts installed and finish building my road. My schedule is unpredictable so renting isn't an option for me. I can get this Sany for 32k drive out with a thumb installed. I see used bobcats and catepillar in the same size for only a few thousand less.
                Thats why i asked. Why not buy a good used backhoe? way more versatile. And its easy to get a 1ft bucket also to put on if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                  Thats why i asked. Why not buy a good used backhoe? way more versatile. And its easy to get a 1ft bucket also to put on if needed.
                  I think I would get more done with the excavator and I'll prefer to have a tracked vehicle with the mud I have in east texas. I can buy a cheap backhoe that needs work in the 10-20k range or a decent one in the upper 30k range, thats with a few thousand hours and no warranty, plus I'll have to get a larger trailer.

Comment

Rented a sany many of times. Very capable machine and running wise no complaints here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                      I think I would get more done with the excavator and I'll prefer to have a tracked vehicle with the mud I have in east texas. I can buy a cheap backhoe that needs work in the 10-20k range or a decent one in the upper 30k range, thats with a few thousand hours and no warranty, plus I'll have to get a larger trailer.
                      Backhoe would be a no brainer IMO. I don’t think it’s going to navigate through mud as well as you think. They all sink.

Don’t get me wrong minis have their place just giving you other ideas. Good luck with your search. I still think I would go look at Yanmars and Taks as well.

Comment

They make good concrete pumps and that is a lot more complex machine than a mini.

Comment

I own Caterpilar, Deere, Komatsu, Daewoo, and Sany. It’s no tougher to get Sany parts that any others. Sany has a great warranty and their customer service has been outstanding. I’ve always been a Cat guy, but as our fleet grew, we went shopping. Sany costs less to buy, has a great warranty and great customer service, but you will give up money on resale. They don’t hold their value like Cat, but we’ve been very happy with them. I own everything from minis to SY365 class. Right now, I buy whomever can deliver next. I ordered 45 pieces of iron last year and only got about half delivered. In other words, take what you can get.

Comment

We just ran the 26 for 4 weeks. We dug spread footers and grade beams. First sany rental for us and we had no problems. The mechanic did come out to look at a code and he told me that the only downside to sany was how finicky they are on the air filter. Other than that said the machines in their rental fleet were solid.

We were so impressed with the machine we got a quote.

I would purchase sany.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I own Caterpilar, Deere, Komatsu, Daewoo, and Sany. It’s no tougher to get Sany parts that any others. Sany has a great warranty and their customer service has been outstanding. I’ve always been a Cat guy, but as our fleet grew, we went shopping. Sany costs less to buy, has a great warranty and great customer service, but you will give up money on resale. They don’t hold their value like Cat, but we’ve been very happy with them. I own everything from minis to SY365 class. Right now, I buy whomever can deliver next. I ordered 45 pieces of iron last year and only got about half delivered. In other words, take what you can get.

I have a Bobcat 56hp Tractor and an E26 mini ex was on my list but my dealer has no idea when they will get machines in. Plus the Bobcat is about 8k more. The Sany warranty is what might get me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X