Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

selling coin collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selling coin collection?

How do you sell coins without getting ripped off? Are there reputable services you may recommend?

Subscribed.

Comment

Following

Comment

U.S. Coins on I-10 in Houston...worth the 2 hour drive for you if you are talking large $$ lot.

Comment

Do you know much about them or selling something inherited? Might be worth getting an appraisal to start with and then look at selling if you are unable to grade them yourself. Having them brought graded you can use pcgs to get pricing and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is McBrides in Austin that could give you a value of what the coins might be worth or the Village Coin Shop at Spicewoods Springs Road and 183. Those could be some good places to start locally.

You could also get a RedBook and look up the coins to get a dollar amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              U.S. Coins on I-10 in Houston...worth the 2 hour drive for you if you are talking large $$ lot.
              This, most reputable coin dealer I've dealt with both buying & selling. GLWS

Comment

You might want to give Perow a shout. He helped me with a transaction. Good a guy as you will ever meet.

Comment

I'm actually helping a client. He asked if I knew anything about it and told him I'd ask friends (on the green screen).
                  Thanks for everyones input!

Comment

I buy and sell on eBay. It takes time but no middle man and the fairest prices. I could also do it for the guy on a commission basis as I'm retiring soon and he can monitor the transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      You might want to give Perow a shout. He helped me with a transaction. Good a guy as you will ever meet.
                      Thank you for that Steve

I haven’t been in the business in awhile but definitely don’t mind helping people out

Comment

Originally posted by roberts View Post
                        There is McBrides in Austin that could give you a value of what the coins might be worth or the Village Coin Shop at Spicewoods Springs Road and 183. Those could be some good places to start locally.

You could also get a RedBook and look up the coins to get a dollar amount.

This is who I would recommend. We haven’t traded with him much (for no reason other than we’re simply not into coins or other numismatics) but may have a need to in the near future. When we do, we’ll start here first. Can assert you’ll get the best deal here but can vouch for reputation of integrity.

Comment

coinstudy.com as a reference point.

Silver coins are crazy right now on ebay. Selling at more than book value.

Comment

The CoinBook app is a pretty good to start research

Comment

I see them being sold at equipment auctions here recently in RGV, I would assume that’s a bad way to sell them

Comment

Working...
                              X