Alternatives to cable tv needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternatives to cable tv needed

OK. Direct tv is dropping OAN, so I am going to drop Direct tv.
    I don't keep up with all the tech stuff, so what can I get to get local news and tv shows.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Hulu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For local news and tv just buy an antenna

Comment

Directv is satellite not cable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
          For local news and tv just buy an antenna
          15.00 digital rabbit ears work great.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Roku and install a HD Antenna

Comment

YouTube tv is the easiest and cheapest.
              Plus you get most anything you want. I know it’s YouTube but if you want to watch TV at all, your gonna be giving your money to somebody who doesn’t share the same viewpoints.

Comment

We got rid of dish last year and went with YouTube tv. Cut our bill by 2/3. Then we added Discovery + for another $5/month.

Comment

Had Dish for years, switched to Dtv for many more.. bought a couple 65" smart Roku Tvs, we stream everything now. Takes a bit of getting use too.. but really like it. There are countless aps available.

Comment

We have Sling and love it. Got all the channels we want plus I have three outdoor channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We have an antenna in the attic that gets around 80 channels. Some of the channels are spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, or HSN, etc. but we get more than we can watch.

Comment

If just looking for local news and basic TV I have been using an antenna for several years now. Get news from Austin and Waco clear and lots of old
                        Classic shows as well

Comment

I live near Van Vleck High School...I had a big metal antenna worked great..Tree took it out..in a bind I had bought a KING antenna for my RV stil in box never got around to puttn it on...Mounted on old antenna pole ..Worked better than the big Metal one I had.probably 30 40 channels.Bought on amazon less that 50 bucks...
                          Last edited by cva34; 02-01-2022, 06:56 AM.

Comment

got rid of dish after over 13 years, and starting Firesticking, with Sling and Paramount+.. sometime gets frustrating, when the Wi-Fi is slow. but ill switch it to my Phones Hotspot and ready to go, during the 9 day hold up in snowmagidon.we watched Netflix, nonstop,

Comment

Walmart has lots of cheap large screen TVs with ROKU on sale now.

Comment

Working...
                              X